There are some people that don’t believe that, when God saves a person, he or she must only endure unto the end without any sin in their life. This is not true, because we are not perfect, only Jesus is the perfect sacrifice for our sins. This is why our Lord and Savior Jesus died and shed his blood on the cross for all mankind. I will say this, just because you are saved, does not give anyone the right to just keep on sinning and living like the Devil himself. If you are a Christian and you keep on living a sinful life, you will have a bad testimony before others and bring dishonor to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In the book of Psalms, God tells us that as far as the East is from the West, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. When the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas what he must do to be saved, they did not tell him to just begin believing and maintain a believing attitude. They said, Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved. (Acts 16:30-31)
Once again believe is the key word used here. The focus here is the act of his believing, not the maintenance of his faith or even his intention to maintain his faith. If one must keep believing to stay saved, why didn’t Paul and Silas explain this fact to the jailer? Better yet, why didn’t they just use the present tense to communicate the need for constant belief?
The most obvious answer is that Paul and Silas did not believe salvation was the result of continuing faith. Faith, in their thinking, was simply the door through which those desiring salvation must walk. The New Testament always says that salvation is through faith. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9). Faith is the channel through which we receive God’s gift of forgiveness and His eternal life. I believe that once saved you are saved forever, because in the book of (Romans 10:9-11) the bible said, that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13) I believe that when God writes your name in the Book of Life it stays there forever and He will not erase your name out of this book if you happen to commit a sin before you die and don’t have time to repent of it. God can not lie and below are some scriptures that can prove this.
1) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
2) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)
3) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. (John 10:27-29)
4) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)
5) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:15-16)
6) For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (II Corinthians 5:21)
7) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? (John 14:1-5)
8) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)
9) As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us? (Psalm 103:12)
10) Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (Acts 3:19)
11) Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? (Romans 8:34-35)
12) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)
My prayer for you is that this bible study of Scriptures will help you understand God’s Word a little better and just feel free to pass this study on to others. May God bless you always is my prayer.
Your, Brother in Christ