Now the day that we call “Resurrection Sunday,” comes around once every year since our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross. This day implies something extraordinary and different from any other Sunday. We as Christians celebrate this Sunday on Easter weekend because it is a day worth celebrating. This is because of what Jesus Christ did on the Cross. But what makes this Sunday special to all believers is that “He has risen from the dead”. Now because Jesus lives, all born again Christians can celebrate in worship each and every Sunday. We as Christians believe that our Lord Jesus Christ was resurrected on that “Resurrection Sunday” and because of our hope and faith in Him we shall live also with Him. Remember it was because of Jesus’ victory over death that makes the “Resurrection Sunday” different from every other Sunday and because He died for our sins, we can celebrate His victorious, risen life. Did you know that our Lord Jesus sits on the right side of God’s Throne? Why? This is where He makes intersession for all of our prayers to the Heavenly Father from all the Saints, which is the bride of Christ. We as believers in Jesus Christ should never forget that Jesus’ tomb is empty, He is not there because He has risen from the grave. Now if you go to the tombs of all other religions leaders, such as Joseph Smith, Buddha, Mohammad, Charles Taze Russell, and Mary Baker Eddy. Remember these religious leaders are just ordinary men and women you will still find their bodies in the grave. But this is not so with our Lord Jesus, His tomb is empty. Why? It is because He has risen and the Bible tells us so.
In the Bible, the Apostle Paul tells us about Jesus in (I Corinthians 15:20-23). Here in these verses Paul writes, but now is Christ risen from the dead, and became the first fruits of them that slept (died). Paul tells us about Jesus in verse twenty-one, for since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. Paul tells us about Jesus in verse twenty-two, for as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. Paul tells us about Jesus in verse twenty-three, But every man in his own order; Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming. Here Paul addressed the connection of our Lord Jesus Christ’s resurrection to the gospel message which is the (good news) in the book of (I Corinthians 15:3-4). The Apostle Paul stated what he knew to be the most important message, which was that Jesus died for our sins and He was buried, and came back to life on the third day. You should remember that this is the message of Easter Sunday; and that is why we as, believers in Jesus Christ, gather together in our home churches all around the world on “Resurrection Sunday.”
We as Christians should never forget the scene of our Lord Jesus Christ’s death on the Cross at Mount Calvary. This terrible advent should be forever etched in the mind of every believer that has claimed the Lord Jesus as their Savior. This terrible and brutal torture was painful and physical agony which was associated with the crucifixion of our Lord and Savior. When I think about all the pain and suffering that our Lord Jesus had to endure for our sins. I always begin to cry and I ask myself, “Why Lord? Then He always answers me in a kind and loving way; “My Child; it’s because I Have Always loved you.” The Apostle Paul tells us that the last enemy to be defeated will be death. Now until our Lord Jesus Christ returns, we all will have to face the reality of physical death with this old human body. But until that wonderful day comes when death is completely vanquished, and we, as born again believers, can rest in the assurance that the punishment of death and the sting, and the effect, and the wages of our sins has been removed because of the victorious, risen Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:23); The Apostle Paul tells us in the book of Romans in chapter three that; as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. (Romans 3:10). Paul tells us in the book of Romans chapter three that; For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23). Paul tells us in the book of Romans chapter five that; But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8); Paul tells us in the book of Romans chapter six that; For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord; (Romans 6:23).
Now remember that all four of the Gospels of God’s Holy Word gives the order of the events of our Lord Jesus Christ being crucified on the Cross. I believe that by comparing these events of the Crucifixion of our Lord Jesus. We as born again believers in Jesus Christ might have a better understanding if we read each book about the death and the Resurrection of the only One that can save you from going to Hell which was prepared for the Devil and his angels. I am so glad that Jesus died for my sins, but I just can’t understand why He loves us this much but I know He does. Well there is so much I could say about each of these Great books of the four Gospels. I like them all but I have chosen the book of Mark here; but I believe that the book of John has a more descriptive of these events than all the other books of the gospel.
Below is the book of (Mark 16:1-20). Please read all of the Gospels and learn God’s Holy Word for yourself and learn what He said about your future. Will your future be Heaven or Hell? It is my prayer and hope that you will be in Heaven and I look forward to meeting you there.
1) And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. (Mark 16:1)
2) And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. (Mark 16:2)
3) And they said among themselves, who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? (Mark 16:3)
4) And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great. (Mark 16:4)
5) And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. (Mark 16:5)
6) And he saith unto them, be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. (Mark 16:6)
7) But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you. (Mark 16:7)
8) And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they anything to any man; for they were afraid. (Mark 16:8)
9) Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. (Mark 16:9)
10) And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept. (Mark 16:10)
11) And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. (Mark 16:11)
12) After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. (Mark 16:12)
13) And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. (Mark 16:13)
14) Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. (Mark 16:14)
15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (Mark 16:15)
16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Mark 16:16)
17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (Mark 16:17)
18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (Mark 16:18)
19) So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (Mark 16:19)
20) And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. (Mark 16:20)
Now after reading the scriptures about Jesus Christ’s “Resurrection” and the events of that day in the book of Mark. I believe with all of my heart that my Savior Jesus was raised from his death and is alive forevermore. We as Christians should always serve our Lord and each day in the hope that Jesus Christ is coming back very soon to give us a new glorious body and we won’t be sick anymore, because our Savior paid the price for our sins on that old Cross at Mount Calvary.
I am confidence of the hope that I have in my Lord Jesus that He will give us a new home in Heaven. Also I know that He will give us an abundant life with all our needs met in the present, and we will be secure in our eternal home in Heaven forever to be with Him.
We that are saved and believe in our Lord Jesus should always let our light shine so other might see it and maybe those that are lost and don’t know who the Lord Jesus is, then we must tell them all about His saving Grace, and His great Salvation plan.
Then we must tell the Gospel which is the good news and if they call upon His name and repent of their sins to Him and believe upon Jesus Christ, He will save them from that place called hell and give them a new home in Heaven where we will love and serve the only One that is called Jesus Christ because He loved us first.
You can read about the “Resurrection” and the order of the “Crucifixion” events that happened on that day in all four books of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the bible.
- The first event was the arrival of Jesus at Golgotha in verse thirty-three of (Matthew 15:22); (Luke 23:33); and (John 19:17).
- The second event was the stupefying vinegar drink is refused by Jesus in verse thirty-four of (Matthew 15:23). (The phrase meaning of the stupefying vinegar drink was a mix of wine and myrrh mixed together and sometimes this was given to those who were in great pain and suffering while they were crucified on the cross).
- The third event was about Jesus being crucified between the two thieves in verses thirty-five through thirty-eight of (Matthew 15:24-28); (Luke 23:33-38); and (John 19:18).
- The fourth event, Jesus utters the first cry from the Cross, “Father forgive them; for they know not what they do” in the book of (Luke 23:34).
- The fifth event was the solders parted for His garments in verse thirty-five of (Matthew 15:24); (Luke 23:34); and (John 19:23).
- The sixth event was the Jews mocking of Jesus in verses thirty-nine through fourth-three in verses (Matthew 15:29-32); (Luke 23:35).
- The seventh event was the thieves rail at Him, but one thieve repents and believes in Jesus and he was saved in verse fourth-four, (Matthew 15:32); (Luke 23:39-43).
- The eighth event was His second cry from the Cross, Jesus tells one of the thieve that, “Today shall thou be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43).
- The ninth event was the third cry, of Jesus on the Cross, and He said, “Woman behold thy son,” in (John 19:26-27).
- The tenth event was the darkness that came upon all the land in verse fourth-five of (Matthew 15:33); and (Luke 23:44).
- The eleventh event was the fourth cry of Jesus and He said, “My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me,” in verses fourth-six through fourth-seven in (Mark 15:34-36).
- The twelveth event was the fifth cry of Jesus and He said, “I thirst”, in verse twenty-eight of (John 19:28).
- The thirteenth event on the Cross was when Jesus said in “the sixth cry, It is Finished”, in verse thirty of (John 19:30).
- The fourteenth event on the Cross was His seventh cry, and Jesus said, “Father into thy hands I Commend My Spirit”, in verse (Luke 23:46).
- The fifteenth event that our Lord Jesus did was that He dismisses His Spirit in verse fifty, (Mark 15:37); (Luke 23:46); and (John 19:50).
Now when our Lord Jesus gave up the Spirit, the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying “Certainly this was a “Righteous man”.
The Devil Alone Wants You to Go to Hell
The lost in Hell, they are saying please don’t come to this place of torment. The real truth of this matter is that there is but one being in the Universe that want’s you go to Hell. Just remember his name is Satan. If you go to Hell it will be your fault, and your fault only. Oh my friend, please don’t listen to Satan’s lies! Then make a decision to give your heart to our Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him to save you today. Then you will not have to go to that terrible place called Hell.
- If you are not saved our God has the power to save anyone that calls upon the name of Jesus Christ and repents of their sins.
- Now all that are lost need God’s power because we have a problem with sin. The Bible tells us that “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” (Romans 3:23).
- Jesus is the way to Heaven and there is no other way. I believe that Jesus Christ is the door, because He said in (John 10:9);” “I am the door”, and by me if any enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” Also Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- My Jesus is the only doorway to Heaven, for the Word of God tells us this in the bible. Now I would like to ask you the most important question that you will ever be ask? My question is, who are you trusting for your salvation and who will give you eternal life? If you are trying to enter Heaven some other way than through the way that Jesus has provided? Now if you are then, Jesus said, you are a thief and a robber. Also Jesus said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1)
- There is no other way to get to Heaven. Remember, religion is not the way! The preacher cannot save you and the water baptism is not the way either.
- If you have a church membership that does not save you. If you are a good person and you are doing good works these things will not save you.
- The bible tells us in (Acts 4:12); “Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is none other name under Heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” There is nothing you can do to earn salvation or your way into Heaven.
- “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags,” (Isaiah 64:6). Now only by receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior can you enter into the Kingdom of God.
- Remember, you can enter the door by asking Jesus to come into your heart and save you. “But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” (John 1:12); Now the Word of God tells us, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness: and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:9-10-13);
- We should always remember that eternal salvation is a free gift to all who will simply receive Jesus Christ into their heart. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- In the book of (Mark 1:15); Jesus said, “repent ye, and believe the gospel”. You must remember that believing the gospel is believing, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” (I Corinthians 15:3-4)
- Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and was resurrected by the power of God for our salvation. “For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16);
If you are not saved and you want to be sure that you will have an eternal home in Heaven. Then you should pray a prayer like this one. Our Heavenly Father, I admit that I am a sinner and I am going to Hell. Dear God, I know that I cannot save myself. But I repent of my sins and put my faith in the blood that you shed for me on the cross to pay for all my sins. I now accept you as my Lord and Savior and I trust you to take me with you to Heaven. Amen!
This Bible Study on the Scriptures about our God’s “Resurrection Sunday” and He is the only one who loves you and cares for you in His Holy Word. Now remember that everything on this web-site is free. Please pass them on to other people if they have helped you.
Your, Brother in Christ