Now before my Mother died she told me that one day Jesus would always be with us because of the Holy Spirit that lives in our hearts and that made an ever lasting impression on my life. Now it was just a few years later that Janice lost both of her parents too. My wife Janice and I had been married for over 52 years now and I Love her more than ever as each day goes by. Both of us love spending time with her sister and husband in Tennessee. Now sense I have retired we go to Pigeon Forge Tennessee every year and during this time all of us just love the Smokey Mountains. We always rent a big cabin somewhere in the mountains because all of us just love the peace and quite and the relaxed time and the view from the back porch is just great. Now I have to tell this cute little story which is about a raccoon that came to visit us when we were at the log cabin in Pigeon Forge Tennessee. It was getting late in the evening on the second night that we were all out on the back porch enjoying the view. Now we had brought with us some payday candies-bars and my sister-in-law dropped a few peanuts on the porch and the raccoon climbed up on the porch and used his little paws to grab the peanuts and eat them. Now make a long the story short, my brother-in-law Leroy made a big mistake, when he started feeding the raccoon that evening because that old raccoon came back for dinner every night and he would not leave until someone gave him his dinner. That old raccoon would lay out there just like a big cat with his front paws stretched out in front of him and his belly flat on that porch just begging for more food. This big boy came every night for more food and this went on for the next four nights that we stayed there. Also we visit the Great Smoke Mountain State Park and we love to watch the wild animals as we drive the Cove trails and sometimes we take a lot of great pictures too. There is a couple of other things that we all in joy and that is eating out at some of the restaurants and also we go shopping at the gift shops while we are in town too. Now when the week is gone by we ask our self where did all the time go. Well we start to pack our belongs that we had purchase on our trip and then finished gathering our things that had been scattered around the log cabin, before preparing to return to our home in Ohio. But before we leave town we stop at one of the Cracker Barrels to eat breakfast. Well as we sit down at one of the tables, the lady comes over to take our order and my wife and I always order a cup of coffee with our breakfast. We were just talking about the usual pleasantries about how good it was to be going home again. Well it was then that I remembered the precious times that I spend at my mother’s kitchen table drinking coffee with her and all the special talks that we had at the old kitchen table too. Now sense Janice and I have been married we have lost both of parents in death and also we have lost two daughters to.
I will always thank our Lord and Savior for that special promise that we all will be together again in Heaven someday soon.
Now I would like to say to all of the unsaved people in every family, please, if you love your children please tell them about Jesus and his good news which is the one and only Gospel. Now all you have to do is confess to God that you are a sinner and repent of your sins and then ask Jesus Christ to save you and He will come into your heart and dwell with you forever and all eternity. I remember when my Mother was alive and all of her 8 children would visit her home at Christmas time every year which was a big trailer in Excello Ohio. My sister Marie would always read the story Christmas every year. Then we would have prayer and thank Him for His Great Salvation Plan and for keeping all us safe and well for another year. Now after Janice and I were married for a few years we had 4 wonderful little girls and we began to spend our Christmas every year with her parents. Well I believe that we spoiled those little girls because when we were growing up we did not have much because times were hard back then as I remember it. One day while we sat around the kitchen table and having a cup of coffee; with our breakfast. As we sat at the kitchen table on that day in late December, my wife and I decided that we were committing our kids to the Lord during those lonely days, asking God’s protection and guidance upon our lives and our four children. We ask the Lord to use us and guide us and teach us in His righteousness way. Then we gave the Lord permission to use our children in any way that He desired, and that we were totally His. Well I remember placing my hand on my wife hand and telling her just how much I loved her and that I would always be faithful to her and how thankful I was that God had made her just for me. Now I believe that if it wasn’t for a merciful God that watches over me and for my wife Janice loving me and praying for God to save me I would not be here to tell this story. Also the prayerful sacrifice of my mother on my behalf that followed me as I made my way in this world in my early years, which ultimately brought me into the Lord’s ministry. Behind all of that there was a desire in my heart to study the bible and after I was saved I just wanted to be a servant in the Lord’s ministry. I have a heart for the things of God now and I believe that it began with my wife and mother’s commitment and prayerful invitation to the Lord to make me His very own child.
Now on December 6th, I began a bible study on the book of “Revelation” in the morning worship services at 8:30 in the morning on the first Sunday of each month. Now the reason that I started teaching this great book of Revelation was that I was hunger for God’s Word. Now my main focus was that all the members and friends at East-view Baptist Church would have a desire to learn more about Heaven; and the home, that they would be spending with our Lord and Savior for all eternity. We finish this bible study about the great book of Revelation and now I believe that some of us have a better understand of this last book of the bible. This bible study only took about four years to finish. Now our next bible study is on the book of Daniel. We are presently in chapter three of this great prophecy book of Daniel. When I finish this book on Daniel we will begin another bible study on the book of John.
Now there are many reasons why those of us who are Christians will commit to the Lord and follow this path of learning about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Now I would like to take this time; and tell you why; all believers in Christ should pray for the unsaved people. (Now the Apostle Paul tells us that we are to pray without ceasing (I Thessalonians 5:17). Now it is our job to pray for one for another and in (I Corinthians 14:15) Paul says that I will pray with the Spirit, and pray with understanding also. Remember it is our job to pray for the whole world.
Please allow me to take a few lines to list some of them. Twelve Biblical reasons why we should pray:
There Are Twelve Biblical Reasons Why We Should Pray
1) Reason: God (Jehovah) values our prayers.
- Now in John’s letter to the churches in Revelation, there is a scene in the fifth chapter where John sees with His own eyes the glory of the living and resurrected Savior as he stands before the throne of God in his regained power and splendor. The relevant portion of the text reads:
- Then I saw a Lamb (Jesus), looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. (Revelation 5:6-8).
- That is a remarkable passage in many respects. But to think that the heart expressions of our lives in prayer like sweet smelling incense in the presence of God is a sobering thought. When our praise, adoration, and petitions leave our hearts, they are treasured by the God who hears them. That is an image we need to hold firmly in our mind. God deeply desires that we would offer the prayers of our hearts to him with words of praise, thanksgiving, petition for our own needs and intercession for the needs of others. God values our prayers.
2) Reason: We are instructed in the Bible to pray. (Matthew 5:44)
- But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you; (Romans 12:12)
- (James 5:16) the prayer of a righteous be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. A person is powerful and effective.
3) Reason: We should follow Jesus’ example, and like Him, pray regularly.
- (Luke 5:16) But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.
- (Luke 6:12) One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the [whole] night praying to God. And of course you know of the prayers of our Lord Jesus on the evening before his crucifixion. Jesus prayed to the Father that He would be able to complete the work the Father gave Him to do. And the Father answered that prayer.
4) Reason: Prayer is how we communicate our worship and praise to God.
- (Philippians 4:6) do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- (I Thessalonians 5:17) Said; pray continually.
5) Reason: Through prayer, God allows us to participate in His work on behalf of others.
- Prayer can heal nations and grant us strength to endure difficulties. Prayer also plays a part in bringing others
to faith in Christ. You already know the most powerful promise that we have used in times of national prayer:
- (II Chronicles 7:14) If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
- (Isaiah 40:29-31) He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
- Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
6) Reason: Prayer gives us power over evil.
- Physical power and strength are of no use in the spiritual realm. Even the physically weak can be strong in prayer:
- (James 4:7-8) Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
7) Reason: Prayer is always available to us.
- Nothing can keep a believer from coming before God. Governments may condemn and forbid God’s Word, but there are no barriers to prayer.
- (Romans 8:38-39) for I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
8) Reason: Prayer keeps us humble before God.
- Through prayer we realize that God is in control and we can do nothing apart from Him.
- (Jeremiah 32:17) “Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
- (John 15:5) “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and me in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
9) Reason: Prayer; grants us the privilege; of experiencing; the reality, the presence, and the power of God.
- (Acts 1:8) but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
10) Reason: Answered prayer has the potential to be an incredible witness to unbelievers.
- Now skeptics will always have criticisms and doubts regarding answered prayer, but some will see the power of God at work, and as a result, may be drawn to Christ.
- (Acts 2:42) they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
11) Reason: Prayer strengthens the bonds among believers.
- Scripture instructs us to pray for and confess our sins to one another. Through this we learn empathy and understand the needs of others.
- (Ephesians 6:18) and pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
12) Reason: Prayer succeeds where other means have failed.
- Prayer is not a last resort, but it can often make a difference where other methods have failed.
- (Proverbs 3:5-6) Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- (Philippians 4:6-7) do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- To his prophet Jeremiah, God revealed His heart–a heart that issues forth in good things for those who love Him:
- (Jeremiah 29:11-13) For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Prayer is commanded in the Scriptures. It is also an amazing privilege. God, the Creator, invites us to come to Him personally to share in a lifestyle of His relationship for all eternity. In prayer, we hear the invitation of God Himself who says, “I long for the pleasure of your company. Won’t you join me?” I pray that we will find ourselves emboldened and willing to do so. I also believe that because a mother is willing to prayed for her children; and all of her love ones faithfully. Then our God will answer her prayers.
Note: I pray that these scriptures have helped your studies and a better under standing of Gods’ word in the Bible. Please feel free to pass them on to other people if they have helped you.
Your, Brother in Christ