My goal for the rest of my christian life is to tell the whole world about the (Good New) which is the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I want this website to be a true message for all of the unsaved people that have not accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. I believe that life can be a wonderful adventure at any age, especially when we have the choice and freedom to worship and serve our Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior. As you read this welcome page always remember that there are only two choices that we have in this life and that is to believe in Jesus as your Savior or don’t believe in Him and you will be lost for all eternity. I believe that one of the greatest things in this life is when someone accepts Jesus as their personal Savior. At this time I would like to express my own believes in the Holy Bible.
I believe that there is one, and only living true God and His name is Jehovah. My God is the only creator and maker of the Heaven and earth and He is worthy of all praises, honor, and love, because that in the Godhead there are three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and they are equal in every divine perfection and harmony together.
I believe that our Lord Jesus is the only begotten son of God and He was born of a virgin and her name was Mary. Jesus took upon himself our sin nature because He was without sin. God laid upon Him our sins and He bore them in His own body on the cross for the whole world. Jesus died on the cross as a substitute Lamb of God, so that in Him was fulfilled an end of all sacrifices and offerings of sin. Jesus was buried and He rose again on the third day, and after forty days, He ascended up into Heaven and there He sits on the right hand of the throne of God.
Jesus is now in Heaven and He is our only advocate and intercessor there to mediate between God and men. Jesus said that He would come again, in the book of (Revelation 22:12) He said, behold I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Jesus will judge both the saved and the unsaved; and He will sit upon the throne of David and rule and reign with His blood washed redeemed people of every kindred and tongue and nation for ever and ever.
I believe that this scripture in (Matthew 28:19-20) means that when we are saved, it is all of our responsibility as believers to tell all unbelievers about the Gospel and love of Jesus and how simple it is for them to be saved. This Website is a message for all of the lost people that have not accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior or for anyone that is not sure they are saved.
If you are not saved, please read the post that tells about the Romans Road to Heaven and learn about how simple it is to be saved.
Now the day that we call “Resurrection Sunday,” comes around once every year since our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross. This day implies something extraordinary and different from any other Sunday. We as Christians celebrate this Sunday on Easter weekend because it is a day worth celebrating. This is because of what Jesus Christ did on the Cross. But what makes this Sunday special to all believers is that “He has risen from the dead”. Now because Jesus lives, all born again Christians can celebrate in worship each and every Sunday. We as Christians believe that our Lord Jesus Christ was resurrected on that “Resurrection Sunday” and because of our hope and faith in Him we shall live also with Him. Remember it was because of Jesus’ victory over death that makes the “Resurrection Sunday” different from every other Sunday and because He died for our sins, we can celebrate His victorious, risen life. Did you know that our Lord Jesus sits on the right side of God’s Throne? Why? This is where He makes intersession for all of our prayers to the Heavenly Father from all the Saints, which is the bride of Christ. We as believers in Jesus Christ should never forget that Jesus’ tomb is empty, He is not there because He has risen from the grave. Now if you go to the tombs of all other religions leaders, such as Joseph Smith, Buddha, Mohammad, Charles Taze Russell, and Mary Baker Eddy. Remember these religious leaders are just ordinary men and women you will still find their bodies in the grave. But this is not so with our Lord Jesus, His tomb is empty. Why? It is because He has risen and the Bible tells us so.
In the Bible, the Apostle Paul tells us about Jesus in (I Corinthians 15:20-23). Here in these verses Paul writes, but now is Christ risen from the dead, and became the first fruits of them that slept (died). Paul tells us about Jesus in verse twenty-one, for since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. Paul tells us about Jesus in verse twenty-two, for as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. Paul tells us about Jesus in verse twenty-three, But every man in his own order; Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming. Here Paul addressed the connection of our Lord Jesus Christ’s resurrection to the gospel message which is the (good news) in the book of (I Corinthians 15:3-4). The Apostle Paul stated what he knew to be the most important message, which was that Jesus died for our sins and He was buried, and came back to life on the third day. You should remember that this is the message of Easter Sunday; and that is why we as, believers in Jesus Christ, gather together in our home churches all around the world on “Resurrection Sunday.”
We as Christians should never forget the scene of our Lord Jesus Christ’s death on the Cross at Mount Calvary. This terrible advent should be forever etched in the mind of every believer that has claimed the Lord Jesus as their Savior. This terrible and brutal torture was painful and physical agony which was associated with the crucifixion of our Lord and Savior. When I think about all the pain and suffering that our Lord Jesus had to endure for our sins. I always begin to cry and I ask myself, “Why Lord? Then He always answers me in a kind and loving way; “My Child; it’s because I Have Always loved you.” The Apostle Paul tells us that the last enemy to be defeated will be death. Now until our Lord Jesus Christ returns, we all will have to face the reality of physical death with this old human body. But until that wonderful day comes when death is completely vanquished, and we, as born again believers, can rest in the assurance that the punishment of death and the sting, and the effect, and the wages of our sins has been removed because of the victorious, risen Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:23); The Apostle Paul tells us in the book of Romans in chapter three that; as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. (Romans 3:10). Paul tells us in the book of Romans chapter three that; For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23). Paul tells us in the book of Romans chapter five that; But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8); Paul tells us in the book of Romans chapter six that; For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord; (Romans 6:23).
Now remember that all four of the Gospels of God’s Holy Word gives the order of the events of our Lord Jesus Christ being crucified on the Cross. I believe that by comparing these events of the Crucifixion of our Lord Jesus. We as born again believers in Jesus Christ might have a better understanding if we read each book about the death and the Resurrection of the only One that can save you from going to Hell which was prepared for the Devil and his angels. I am so glad that Jesus died for my sins, but I just can’t understand why He loves us this much but I know He does. Well there is so much I could say about each of these Great books of the four Gospels. I like them all but I have chosen the book of Mark here; but I believe that the book of John has a more descriptive of these events than all the other books of the gospel.
Below is the book of (Mark 16:1-20). Please read all of the Gospels and learn God’s Holy Word for yourself and learn what He said about your future. Will your future be Heaven or Hell? It is my prayer and hope that you will be in Heaven and I look forward to meeting you there.
1) And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. (Mark 16:1)
2) And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. (Mark 16:2)
3) And they said among themselves, who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? (Mark 16:3)
4) And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away: for it was very great. (Mark 16:4)
5) And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. (Mark 16:5)
6) And he saith unto them, be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. (Mark 16:6)
7) But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you. (Mark 16:7)
8) And they went out quickly, and fled from the sepulchre; for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they anything to any man; for they were afraid. (Mark 16:8)
9) Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. (Mark 16:9)
10) And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept. (Mark 16:10)
11) And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. (Mark 16:11)
12) After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. (Mark 16:12)
13) And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. (Mark 16:13)
14) Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. (Mark 16:14)
15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. (Mark 16:15)
16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Mark 16:16)
17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (Mark 16:17)
18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (Mark 16:18)
19) So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. (Mark 16:19)
20) And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. (Mark 16:20)
Now after reading the scriptures about Jesus Christ’s “Resurrection” and the events of that day in the book of Mark. I believe with all of my heart that my Savior Jesus was raised from his death and is alive forevermore. We as Christians should always serve our Lord and each day in the hope that Jesus Christ is coming back very soon to give us a new glorious body and we won’t be sick anymore, because our Savior paid the price for our sins on that old Cross at Mount Calvary.
I am confidence of the hope that I have in my Lord Jesus that He will give us a new home in Heaven. Also I know that He will give us an abundant life with all our needs met in the present, and we will be secure in our eternal home in Heaven forever to be with Him.
We that are saved and believe in our Lord Jesus should always let our light shine so other might see it and maybe those that are lost and don’t know who the Lord Jesus is, then we must tell them all about His saving Grace, and His great Salvation plan.
Then we must tell the Gospel which is the good news and if they call upon His name and repent of their sins to Him and believe upon Jesus Christ, He will save them from that place called hell and give them a new home in Heaven where we will love and serve the only One that is called Jesus Christ because He loved us first.
You can read about the “Resurrection” and the order of the “Crucifixion” events that happened on that day in all four books of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the bible.
- The first event was the arrival of Jesus at Golgotha in verse thirty-three of (Matthew 15:22); (Luke 23:33); and (John 19:17).
- The second event was the stupefying vinegar drink is refused by Jesus in verse thirty-four of (Matthew 15:23). (The phrase meaning of the stupefying vinegar drink was a mix of wine and myrrh mixed together and sometimes this was given to those who were in great pain and suffering while they were crucified on the cross).
- The third event was about Jesus being crucified between the two thieves in verses thirty-five through thirty-eight of (Matthew 15:24-28); (Luke 23:33-38); and (John 19:18).
- The fourth event, Jesus utters the first cry from the Cross, “Father forgive them; for they know not what they do” in the book of (Luke 23:34).
- The fifth event was the solders parted for His garments in verse thirty-five of (Matthew 15:24); (Luke 23:34); and (John 19:23).
- The sixth event was the Jews mocking of Jesus in verses thirty-nine through fourth-three in verses (Matthew 15:29-32); (Luke 23:35).
- The seventh event was the thieves rail at Him, but one thieve repents and believes in Jesus and he was saved in verse fourth-four, (Matthew 15:32); (Luke 23:39-43).
- The eighth event was His second cry from the Cross, Jesus tells one of the thieve that, “Today shall thou be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43).
- The ninth event was the third cry, of Jesus on the Cross, and He said, “Woman behold thy son,” in (John 19:26-27).
- The tenth event was the darkness that came upon all the land in verse fourth-five of (Matthew 15:33); and (Luke 23:44).
- The eleventh event was the fourth cry of Jesus and He said, “My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me,” in verses fourth-six through fourth-seven in (Mark 15:34-36).
- The twelveth event was the fifth cry of Jesus and He said, “I thirst”, in verse twenty-eight of (John 19:28).
- The thirteenth event on the Cross was when Jesus said in “the sixth cry, It is Finished”, in verse thirty of (John 19:30).
- The fourteenth event on the Cross was His seventh cry, and Jesus said, “Father into thy hands I Commend My Spirit”, in verse (Luke 23:46).
- The fifteenth event that our Lord Jesus did was that He dismisses His Spirit in verse fifty, (Mark 15:37); (Luke 23:46); and (John 19:50).
Now when our Lord Jesus gave up the Spirit, the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying “Certainly this was a “Righteous man”.
The Devil Alone Wants You to Go to Hell
The lost in Hell, they are saying please don’t come to this place of torment. The real truth of this matter is that there is but one being in the Universe that want’s you go to Hell. Just remember his name is Satan. If you go to Hell it will be your fault, and your fault only. Oh my friend, please don’t listen to Satan’s lies! Then make a decision to give your heart to our Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him to save you today. Then you will not have to go to that terrible place called Hell.
- If you are not saved our God has the power to save anyone that calls upon the name of Jesus Christ and repents of their sins.
- Now all that are lost need God’s power because we have a problem with sin. The Bible tells us that “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” (Romans 3:23).
- Jesus is the way to Heaven and there is no other way. I believe that Jesus Christ is the door, because He said in (John 10:9);” “I am the door”, and by me if any enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.” Also Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- My Jesus is the only doorway to Heaven, for the Word of God tells us this in the bible. Now I would like to ask you the most important question that you will ever be ask? My question is, who are you trusting for your salvation and who will give you eternal life? If you are trying to enter Heaven some other way than through the way that Jesus has provided? Now if you are then, Jesus said, you are a thief and a robber. Also Jesus said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1)
- There is no other way to get to Heaven. Remember, religion is not the way! The preacher cannot save you and the water baptism is not the way either.
- If you have a church membership that does not save you. If you are a good person and you are doing good works these things will not save you.
- The bible tells us in (Acts 4:12); “Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is none other name under Heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” There is nothing you can do to earn salvation or your way into Heaven.
- “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags,” (Isaiah 64:6). Now only by receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior can you enter into the Kingdom of God.
- Remember, you can enter the door by asking Jesus to come into your heart and save you. “But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” (John 1:12); Now the Word of God tells us, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness: and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:9-10-13);
- We should always remember that eternal salvation is a free gift to all who will simply receive Jesus Christ into their heart. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- In the book of (Mark 1:15); Jesus said, “repent ye, and believe the gospel”. You must remember that believing the gospel is believing, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” (I Corinthians 15:3-4)
- Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and was resurrected by the power of God for our salvation. “For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16);
If you are not saved and you want to be sure that you will have an eternal home in Heaven. Then you should pray a prayer like this one. Our Heavenly Father, I admit that I am a sinner and I am going to Hell. Dear God, I know that I cannot save myself. But I repent of my sins and put my faith in the blood that you shed for me on the cross to pay for all my sins. I now accept you as my Lord and Savior and I trust you to take me with you to Heaven. Amen!
This Bible Study on the Scriptures about our God’s “Resurrection Sunday” and He is the only one who loves you and cares for you in His Holy Word. Now remember that everything on this web-site is free. Please pass them on to other people if they have helped you.
Your, Brother in Christ
God’s Love is an Agape love which is the highest form of love and His love is never ending for us. Now there are many times that love is referred to in the New Testament and most of the references are referred to “His Agape Love”. This is the type of love that the Apostle John speaks about in (John 3:16). This love is totally sacrificial and is committed to the well-being of another. Also this is God’s kind of love. This is a fruit of the Spirit who indwells in us as a believer in Jesus Christ (Galatians 5:22). Now as we look at the fruit of the Spirit in (Galatians 5:22), we as believers in Christ can look at it like this; First, real joy is love enjoying. Second, Peace is love resting. Third, Patience (or longsuffering) is love waiting. Fourth, kindness is love reacting. Fifth, Goodness is love choosing. Sixth, Faithfulness is love keeping its word. Seventh, Gentleness is love being able to empathize. Eighth, Self-control is love being in charge. We should remember that this kind of love is not something we can work upon our own; it is an outflow of the Holy Spirit.
In book of (I John), there are 105 verses about love which is mentioned more than forty times. That’s a lot of verses in such a short epistle about love. With seven words, however, the apostle John summarizes his teaching on this important topic, “We love, because He first loved us.” We love Him because He first loved us, and we love others because He first loved us. Love starts and stops with God. He is the Author. He created it out of His very nature, and He desires that we share and experience this wonderful gift to humankind.
When you think about it, our similarities to God are few. We are not omniscient, omnipresent, or omnipotent. But God is love, and He wants us to share that attribute with Him and with others. What a marvelous privilege! We are most like God when we love. I think it is interesting to compare the most familiar verse in the Bible with another verse that John wrote. Most people can quote (John 3:16), but look at (I John 3:16): “By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.”
I understand that the numbers or references on the verses are not in the original, but the two 3:16 verses have a complementary message: love gives sacrificially. The world knows little about sacrificial love. In defining love, I needed to provide three different definitions to give the full scope of it. Here in (I John 4:7-8); He tells us that “Love” is the dominant theme of these verses. John addressed his readers here as “Beloved,” then he said let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. Then John said, He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
- First there are many times that love is referred to in the New Testament and most of the references are referred to “His Agape Love”. This is the type of love that the Apostle John speaks about in (John 3:16). This love is totally sacrificial and is committed to the well-being of another. Also this is God’s kind of love. This is a fruit of the Spirit who indwells in us as a believer in Jesus Christ (Galatians 5:22).
- The second kind of love mentioned is phileo. This is a brotherly kind of love. The Bible says to “be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another” (Romans 12:10). Furthermore, we are admonished to “let brotherly love continue” (Hebrews 13:1), implying that it can diminish if not watched over and cultivated. This healthy form of love should saturate the body of Christ.
- The third type of love is eros. This is sensual or sexual love. Though this word is not used specifically in Scripture, it is certainly implied through the admonitions concerning marriage. Although the world has tried its best to distort this and this seems to be the type of love that is written about, sung about, and acted out the most and God invented eros love for the most intimate part of marriage.
I think that sums up the definitions and also gives us the background that John was setting for us. It is amazing that love is so complex we cannot define it easily, and yet John, “that apostle whom Jesus loved,” summarizes it so beautifully by saying, “We love, because He first loved us.”
If I asked you why God created you, what would your answer be? Why were you born? You and I were created so that God could express His love to us and we could respond with love. Because He is love, and because that is His very nature, He wanted an object for His love. So He created man and woman. You and me.
How does God express His love? In many ways, but let’s look at a few.
- First, God expresses His love through creation. The trees, the lovely flowers, the gorgeous mountains, the bright stars, the moon in all of its stages and these are tangible expressions of His love. I look at the ocean and think, of “The One who makes the tides ebb and flow cares for me”. I climb the mountains in all of their majesty and think, The One who created these is omnipotent in my life. God expresses His love for us through creation.
- Second, God expresses His love in giving us the freedom to choose. That sounds strange, doesn’t it? It almost seems that He would love us more if He had made the parameters a bit tighter. His love is so great, however, He has given us the freedom to say no. No one wants to be married to a robot. The wonder of love is when a person chooses to love you. He delights when we choose to love Him out of our free will, which in love He gave us. In giving Adam and Eve the free will to choose to sin, He showed a new dimension of His love and He loves willful sinners.
- Third, God expresses His love by putting us in a family. I love this truth you and I are part of a large family and God is Father, Jesus Christ is our elder Brother, the Holy Spirit is our indwelling Comforter. Beyond that, the body of Christ comprises our brothers and sisters! A woman who is an only child said she loved knowing that she really has siblings, and in reality they are blood relatives. Think of the security, the protection, and the fellowship the family of God affords. Taking church lightly, and attending sporadically, is ingratitude toward the One who put us in a family. It’s akin to refusing to show up for family reunions because we have other things that are more important.
- Fourth, God expressed His love in sending the Holy Spirit to live within us. He said He was going to send one just like Himself to reside in us. He did not just love us; He empowered us to love Him and others!
- Fifth, God expresses His love by engineering our circumstances for our good and His glory. Almost everyone can quote (Romans 8:28), but few of us really grab hold of the truth that He loves us enough to make all things work together for good. He is vitally interested and involved in everything that interests or involves us. God expresses His love toward us in being intensely involved in our lives.
- Sixth, God expresses His love toward us by providing heaven. We had absolutely nothing to do with it. His Son is still busy preparing a place for us, and we get there only by the grace of God.
- Seventh, God expresses His love toward us by His uninterrupted presence in our lives. One writer put it this way: “For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you’ (Hebrews 13:5). This Presence is there during the death of loved ones; during sleepless nights over a wayward child; during bad results from medical tests; during financial woes. Often the numbness of pain keeps us from sensing His presence, but He is there nonetheless. Each time I listen, I’m sending a message to you and what you say matters; and you’re important to me and I love you.
Now there are days that I felt sad and alone. So I just knelt before the Lord and cried out, to “God, it’s just me again.” In the fog, Jesus whispered to me in His loving way, “I’m here my child”. And I’ll always be here, no matter what.” I couldn’t stop praising Him for His love and presence. I’m sure you could write ways that God has expressed His love to you. But the bottom line is, He expresses His love. His love is not dormant; He actively expresses it day in and day out. Having looked at some of the ways He expresses His love, we need to see what His love is like because He wants us to express that same type of love toward Him and others. What does God’s love look like?
To begin with, His love is perfect. His love is everything it possibly can be. One Sunday morning before coming to church, I knelt down by my bed, struggling in spirit. God said to me in clear way, “My Child, you can trust my perfect love.” I wept with joy. I have clung to that truth ever since. You and I can trust perfect love. And God’s love is absolutely perfect. His perfect love is a gift. We can’t work for it. Every time someone gives a gift and the receiver tries to repay the giver, it is no longer a gift. We could never earn His love, and He gives it out of His very nature. God just can’t help loving you. His perfect love that He gives us is everlasting. We need to memorize this verse: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving-kindness I have drawn you” (Jeremiah 31:3). We can do nothing to make God stop loving us. What good news! God’s love never, ever fades. Furthermore, His perfect, everlasting love that He gives the believer is unconditional. Some people were raised-up hearing, “I’ll love you if,” or “I’ll take you back when” There is no if or maybe or fine print or footnotes to God’s love. It is totally unconditional. He never says, “I’ll take you back if you do something right.” But it goes farther. God’s perfect, everlasting love that He gives us unconditionally is a sacrificial love. That is what the Cross is all about: “God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son.” Now God wants us to have this same sacrificial love toward one another. It doesn’t make any difference whether people reject us or not, we still express love toward them. Of course, its supernatural source is the Holy Spirit. If that is not enough, God’s perfect, everlasting, sacrificial, unconditional love that He gives us is immeasurable. The apostle Paul assures us that we are “rooted and grounded in love,” and we need to be “able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height” (Ephesians 3:17–18). Paul also tells us that His love “passes knowledge” (verse 19). I think Paul is indicating that while we need to try to grasp all the ramifications of such perfect love in every sphere, and it is immeasurable; we will never be able to take it all in.
We are called to love God. Jewish men recited the following verse both morning and evening, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength” (Deuteronomy 6:5). We are to love Him with all of the heart, the seat of the emotions; with all of the soul, the core of personality; with all of our strength, all that is within us; with all of our might, consumed with Him. How do we work that into our daily lives? By obedience. Three times in (John 14), Jesus reminds us that love equals obedience. In essence He says, “Don’t tell me that you love me and choose to put up with sin!” My love is to be evident in instantaneous confession when sin is pointed out. That’s when He is my center of attention and all my emotional energy moves toward Him. But there is more. Not only am I to love God, but I am to love myself. “You shall love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31). The world has corrupted this self-love into the motto, “You got to look out for number one.” The Bible does not teach that. The Bible teaches a healthy love for ourselves because we are His workmanship and worth loving. Do you know how people can tell whether they love themselves? By the way they treat themselves. If they abuse their bodies with alcohol or tobacco or overeating, they are not loving themselves enough to care for their bodies. Satan will say, “You’re not worth loving.” But God said, “You are my workmanship. You are worth My Son’s dying for. You are incredibly valuable.” We need to see ourselves as God sees us. Our sense of self-worth can come not from what others think of us but from what God thinks of us. We are the apple of His eye. Not only are we called to love God and ourselves, but we are also called to love our neighbors. This is perhaps the hardest of the three commands.
In (John 14-17), Jesus emphasized that we are to love others. That is how the world is to know we are Christians. True, some people are more lovable than others, but love is not an emotion; it is a decision. We can choose by our will, with the Holy Spirit indwelling and empowering us, to love. We can ask the most unlovable people, “How can I help you to be all God wants you to be?” The first fruit of the Spirit is love; it is the heart of it all. Some people cannot handle love. They are uncomfortable with affection. Sometime they are so scarred emotionally that they are afraid to be loved. They fear you will expect them to love in return and they are incapable of doing that because of damaged emotions. But genuine agape love doesn’t expect love in return, so love them anyhow. Jesus doesn’t stop with calling on us to love our neighbors. He calls on us to love our enemies as well. This is a supernatural calling, and we must rely on the Holy Spirit to give us the capacity to love them. If love is a feeling, we are all in trouble. Our feelings are fickle and they fluctuate. But the decision to do what is the best for others can be steady, no matter what we feel. When the alarm clock goes off on a cold, rainy morning, we get ready for work whether or not we feel like it. By an act of will, we throw back the covers and put our feet on the floor. Now there are times, loving others demands the same kind of discipline and determination. Remember there is nothing God loves like He loves you.
Remember the story of Peter’s catching fish after Jesus telling him to cast his net on the other side of the boat is a familiar one. After breakfast, however, Jesus and Peter talked. Jesus asked Peter three times if he loved Him. Jesus knew the answer but He wanted Peter to realize the answer. Jesus asked the first two times, “Peter, do you Love Me?” That is, “Peter, do you love me with sacrificial love?” And Peter answered, “Yes, Lord; you know that I Love you.” In other words, “Jesus, You know that I love you with brotherly love.” The third time Jesus asked, “Peter, do you even Love Me?” And Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, “Feed my sheep”. (John 21:17) Peter never acknowledged in this passage that he loved Jesus with anything more than a friendship kind of love. We need only to read the books of (I Peter and II Peter) to see that Peter had come a long way after this conversation. He later wrote, “And though you have not seen Him, you love Him” (I Peter 1:8). Both epistles are overflowing with love which is agape love for the Lord Jesus Christ.
When God wanted us to know who He is and what He is like, He came in person. God entered time and demonstrated His love through Jesus Christ. We should remember that Jesus our Savior is fully God and fully human. He showed us how to be a loving human, and how to obey God with our lives and also to show love to others. For love to be true, it sometimes has to be velvet and sometimes it has to be steel. Your life without love is empty and meaningless no matter how gifted we are. There’s nothing you can do to get Him to love you and there’s nothing you can do to make Him stop. The creator God is a personal God who loves us. But all creation points us to a loving God, and His love is mostly seen in his Son Jesus Christ. Just remember that his name is Jehovah and that God created all things and His love is never ending.
Now when you open your bible never forget that God loves you. There are two love chapters in the New Testament and they are first Corinthians chapter 13 and first John chapter 4. Jesus said I give you a new commandment that you love one another as I have loved you, that you also love another. One of the most quoted verse in the bible is (John 3:16); and this is about Jesus’ love for the whole world. Now in (John 3:15-16); the Apostle John said, “That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life”. Here John tells us; “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” This verse has been translated into more than 1100 languages. This Bible verse tells of the one and only Savior, who loved us with an everlasting love and His name is Jesus. Also this Bible verse recorded in 27 different languages of the world and are understood by more than three-quarters of the earth’s population. Below you will find many scriptures on God’s love. Please take the time to read them and study God’s Word and may God bless you always.
(I John 2:10); “He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is no occacsion of stumbling in him.”
(I John 4:7); “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God, and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.”
(I John 4:11); “Beloved, if God so loved us we ought to love one another.”
(Romans 13:8); “Owe no man anything but to love one another; for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.”
(Hebrews 13:1); Let brotherly love continue.”
(Galatians 5:14); “For all law is fulfilled in one word even in this thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself.”
(John 13:34); “A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.”
(John 13:35); “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples if ye have love one to another.”
(I Thessalonians 4:9); “But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you; for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.”
(Romans 12:10); “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love, in honor preferring one another.”
(I Peter 1:22); “Seeing you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren see that ye love one another with a pure heart feverently.”
(John 15:12); This is my commandment that ye love one another, as I have loved you.
(John 3:16); “For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
(I John 4:19); We love him, because he first loved us.
(Hebrews 6:10); For God is mot unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which ye have shown toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
(Revelation 2:19); I know thy works, and love, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
(Ephesians 6:24); Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.
(Mark 12:33); And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
(I Timothy 1:5); Now the end of the commandment is love out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.
(I Timothy 4:12); Let no man despise thy youth, but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
(II Timothy 3:10); But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, long-suffering, love, patience.
Now in (I John 4:7-8); the Apostle John instructs us as, beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. Then John said that He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. I believe that God’s love is unique because His love always finds what is best for others and God’s love benefits those who receive it and for those who witness it. We should remember that God’s love works for God’s values; and His truth, His purpose, His joy, and many more things that we cannot understand.
Remember; if you are not saved our God has the power to save anyone that calls upon the name of Jesus Christ and repents of their sins. Now all that are lost need God’s power because we have a problem with sin. The Bible tells us that, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” (Romans 3:23). Now you can find the way to Heaven in the book of (Romans 10:9). This scripture in the bible tells us that “If you confess with your mouth, that “Jesus is Lord,” and that you believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” We all need to confess our sin and ask God for his forgiveness. When you confess Jesus Christ as your Lord, then this involves an agreeing with God about your sin and your need for Salvation. You must repent of your own personal sins, by doing this you are willing to turn away from the direction in life in which you are going. Now to “believe in your heart” is to place your faith in Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior, also you are trusting that Jesus died on the Cross to pay for your sins. But our God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Jesus Christ died for all of us. (Romans 5:8). If you would like to have Salvation in our Lord Jesus Christ, you sincerely pray a prayer like this one; “Please God, I confess to you my sins and I need for you to save me right now. Then turn away from your sins and place your faith in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord of your life. Then you will have a home in Heaven forever. Amen.”
Now this concludes our Bible Study on the Scriptures of love and always remember that Jesus is the only one who loves you and cares for you in His Holy Word. Remember that everything on this web-site is free. Please pass them on to other people if they have helped you.
Your, Brother in Christ,
1) This bible study I hope will help you understand this person that is commonly referred to as the Antichrist. Now the first thing that we should know about this Antichrist is that he is referred to by several names and titles throughout the bible. Now each of his names provides a glimpse into his diabolical character and his name.
2) The bible portrays the Antichrist as the one coming world leader who will negotiate a new peace treaty with the country of Israel in the last days. The word “Antichrist” appears only in (I John 4:3), (II John 1:7) and (I John 2:16-22). Also the Apostle John indicates that the Antichrist of the apocalyptic era will come in the future. But John also adds that there are many “Antichrists” and false teachers that have already come. I tell you to be careful in what you read and also who you put your faith in. But I will tell you the truth and the truth will set you free and that you should always believe in the Word of God and “His name is Jesus Christ” the one and only Savior of the world because “Jesus was the only one that died on the cross for all of our sins”.
3) The “Antichrist” in (I John 2:18); is a man who will come into the scene at the beginning of the seven year Tribulation. Then this “Antichrist” will also gain world wide power for the last three and a half years of the Tribulation. We as Christians must remember that this “Antichrist” is only the imitator of our Lord Jesus Christ and this “Antichrist” also has many names throughout the bible.
4) Remember the “Antichrist” will not come on the world scene until our Lord Jesus takes His church, back to Heaven, which is the Saints and they will be caught-up, which is called the Rapture to be with our Lord Jesus forever and all eternity.
5) The Antichrist will be the most incredible human leader the world has ever known. He will be a human genius, power and a master of deception, empowered by the “father of lies” (Daniel 11:21). The Antichrist will be promising peace, but he pushes the world into war.
6) Below there are some facts that will identify the “Antichrist” when he comes to power. There is only one person in history that will fit every one of these facts. There have been many prototypes, of the “Antichrist”; but there will only be one Antichrist. (Please read the scriptures below.)
- He will rule the entire world. “And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.” (Revelation 13:7)
- His headquarters will be in Rome. “The beast, which you saw, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss; and the seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.” (Revelation 17:12-13)
- He will rule by deception. “He will become very strong, and will succeed in whatever he does. He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior.” (Daniel 8:24-25)
- He will rise to power in the Last Days. Now later in the time of the wrath; the time of the end and a stern faced king. He is also a master of intrigue and he will arise to power. (Daniel 8:19-23)
- He will be intelligent and persuasive. “The other Horn, looked more imposing than the others and he had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully.” (Daniel 7:20)
7) There are many other details given in the Bible regarding the Antichrist. Whether he is Jewish or Gentile is not entirely clear. What is clear, however, is that he will control the great bastion of Gentile world power and will extend his control over the entire world, promising to ensure world peace through a series of international treaties, agreements, and alliances. Despite his promises of world peace, he will inevitably plunge the world into the most catastrophic war of all time.
8) The “Beast” and his armies are defeated by the “King of Kings” and the “Lord of Lords” which is Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior at the battle of Armageddon. Well for those who would like to know just what happens to the “Beast” which is the “Antichrist” and with him is the false prophet too. For all of those who do not believe in Jesus Christ as the one and only true Son of God, the only savior of the world, remember Jesus has the power to save those that will still call upon His name and repent of their sins. Because God the Father gave Him this power to save the lost before their time runs out for that old Devil wants everyone to burn in Hell with him.
9) This is what happens to those “two great deceivers” which are the “Antichrist” and the “False Prophet” that deceive all men about God and sin during the Tribulation Period in the book of (Revelation 19:20-21). They were conquered by Jesus Christ, who did cast both of them “alive into the lake of fire”. They are the first to be cast into this lake of fire, which is really the eternal hell that God has “prepared for the Devil and his angels” in (Matthew 25:41). Now Satan was bound for 1000 years in the “Bottomless Pit” and shut him up, and set a seal on him. So that he should not deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished.
10) But after these things the Devil must be released for a little while. Satan will be let loose and he will gather his army of rebels one more time and surrounds the city of Jerusalem for one last battle with our Lord God. Then God will sends fire down from Heaven and devours Satan and all of his follows. Satan and his angels and the rest of all unbelievers will be cast into the lake of fire for ever and ever.
11) In the book of Revelations in chapter thirteen the Apostle John tells us all about the beast which is the Antichrist. (Revelation 13:1) And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. (Revelation 13:2) And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. (Revelation 13:3) And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death, and his deadly wound was healed, and all the world wondered after the beast. (Revelation 13:4) And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him? (Revelation 13:5) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. (Revelation 13:6) And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. (Revelation 13:7) And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. (Revelation 13:8) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Revelation 13:9) If any man have an ear, let him hear. (Revelation 13:10) He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. (Revelation 13:11) And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. (Revelation 13:12) And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. (Revelation 13:13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, (Revelation 13:14) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. (Revelation 13:15) And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. (Revelation 13:16) And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: (Revelation 13:17) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Revelation 13:18) Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. The Mark of the Beast is 666. My prayer for anyone that is left behind is please don’t take the mark of this beast or your soul will be eternally lost forever in a place called Hell.
12) Remember my Jesus is the only one that can save you from your sins. Also my Jesus is the only one that died and was “Resurrected” from the grave. Jesus is the only one that can make atonement for your sins because He is the savior of the world. He paid the price by shedding His precious blood for all mankind on the Cross.
13) Jesus did this so that we that were born into sin because of what that old deceiver the Devil did by tempting Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This was the temptation and the fall of mankind. Here you can read for yourself the fall and the Promise of Redemption in these verses of (Genesis 3:1-7).
There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus and he was a ruler of the Jews; in (John 3:1). Nicodemus came to Jesus by night, and said unto Him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher that come from God; for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. (John 3:2). In verse three Jesus answered, and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be “Born again”, he cannot see the “Kingdom of God”. Nicodemus saith unto him, how can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? (John 3:4) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be “born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the “Kingdom of God”. (John 3:5) Jesus said, that which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. (John 3:6) In verse seven Jesus said; Marvel not that I said unto thee, “Ye must be “Born Again”. Then Jesus said, the wind bloweth where it willeth, and thou hearest the sound of it, but canst not tell from where it cometh, and where it goeth; so is every one that is “Born of the Spirit”. Nicodemus answered and said unto him. How can these things be? (John 3:9) In verse ten Jesus answered, and said unto him, Art thou a teacher of Israel, and knowest not these things? Then Jesus said, verily, verily, I say unto thee, we speak that which we do know, and testify to that which we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. (John 3:11) If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you Heavenly things? (John 3:12) In verse thirteen Jesus said to Nicodemus; And no man hath ascended up to Heaven, but he that came down from Heaven, even the “Son of man who is in Heaven”. And, as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up. (John 3:14) Jesus said, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:15) This next verse is the most quoted verse in the bible. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16) Jesus said, For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. (John 3:17) Jesus said, He that believeth on Him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18). And this is the condemnation, that light is come unto the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (John 3:19) Jesus said, For everyone that doeth evil, hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. (John 3:20) But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. (John 3:21);
Nicodemus was a highly moral man who obeyed God’s law. And he was a respected leader of the Jewish community. There was no doubt that he was a fine man. But yet, something was lacking in his life. Now many people today, like Nicodemus were confuse with religion with the “New Birth” in Jesus Christ. The phrases like “I pray regularly” or “I believe there is a God” often are confused with a real “New Birth” experience. Have you ever wondered what the phrase “New Birth” or the phrase “Born Again” really means? The bible records that Jesus used this phrase in a conversation with a man named Nicodemus. When Nicodemus approached Jesus at night . He brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight. (John 19:39) Nicodemus approached Jesus at night time, he was curious about Jesus and the “Kingdom of God”. Jesus told Nicodemus in (John 3:3) that “Except a man be “Born Again”, he cannot see the “Kingdom of God”. Then Nicodemus ask Jesus, “How can a man be born when he is old? (John 3:4) The “New Birth” begins with the Holy Spirit convicting a person that the person is a sinner. Now because of sin, we are spiritually dead. For this reason, spiritual birth, as Jesus described it, is necessary. God loves us and gives us spiritual birth when we ask Him for it.
The Bible says that all people have sinned and come short of the glory of God and being justified freely by His grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus in (Romans 3:23-24). The word “Redemption” means to deliver by paying a price and Jesus certainly, did paid our sin debt on the Cross. Jesus died on the Cross and was raised from the dead to save sinners. When you are “Born Again,” it means that a person admits to God that he or she is a sinner. When you repent of your sin that means that you believe in or trust Jesus Christ, and you confess your faith in Him as your Savior and Lord of your life. We must remember that, when Jesus told Nicodemus that everyone who believes in Jesus Christ would not perish (John 3:16). Always remember that Jesus is the only One who can save us from our sins (John 14:6).
All you have to do is place your Faith in Jesus and believe in Jesus as your Savior is to be “Born Again”. And you must confess your sins and ask Him right now to save you. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord Jesus shall be saved (Acts 2:21). Now after you have received Jesus Christ into your life. Then you should share your decision with another person, and then follow Jesus Christ’s example, by asking for baptism by immersion in water in your local church as a public expression of your faith, (Romans 6:4).
We come to the end of this bible lesson about God’s Salvation Plan, I would like to ask you a question about the condition of “your Soul”. If you were to die before this day comes to an end; “where would your Soul spend eternity at? Now this is probably the most important question in your life. Would you like to ask Jesus to save you now? If so just keep on reading and the next few verses will tell you how to be saved. All you have to do is just sincerely pray a simple prayer like this one here. “Please God, I confess to you my sins and I need Jesus in my life right now. I will turn away from my sins and place my Faith in your Son Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Amen.”
You should share your Faith in Jesus Christ with other Christian friends or a pastor. Becoming a Christian, this is your first step on that long life’s road of a Spiritual growth and your service to sharing God. The second step is to follow Jesus Christ in a believer’s baptism by immersion in water and joining a local church that teaches the true Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Jesus said to Thomas in (John 14:6) I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- Neither is there Salvation in any other; for there is no other name under Heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12) and His name is Jesus.
We as Christians should remember that Salvation is simple, but it’s not cheap. It cost Jesus Christ everything so that salvation could be offered to us freely. God has provided simple steps to salvation, which permits anyone who can make their own decision to have it. If salvation could be received on the basic of education, multitudes would be excluded. If eternal life could be had on the basis of wealth, a great number would still be left out. If being saved were dependent upon one’s moral perfection, everyone would fall short. God has made His salvation available on the basis of a personal faith which even a child can exercise. This way everyone is reduced to the same level in the eyes of God and all must come to him on the same terms (Romans 3:9-10) and (Galatians 3:22).
Paul said, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not, of yourselves; it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast”. (Ephesians 2:8-9) Below you will find some scriptures in the book of Romans that can lead you through the Romans road to Heaven. Please take the time to read the questions below and study God’s Word and may God bless you always.
- Who is good? (Romans 3:10) As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one.
- Who has sinned? (Romans 3:23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
- Where did sin come from? (Romans 5:12) Wherefore, as by one-man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.
- God paid the price for sin. (Romans 6:23) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- We all have a way out. (Romans 5:8) But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- What must I do to be saved? (Romans 10:9-11) That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
It is my prayer and hope that everyone can understand a little more about their new home in Heaven and of what God’s future plan that He has in store for them for all eternity. Some people just shake their heads and are scared to what the future holds for them. They say that they cannot read the bible and understand anything that the Scriptures are saying to them. So I have tried to outline each of the verses with the help of the Holy Spirit so that anyone; whether you are a believer in Jesus Christ (Saved) or an unbeliever (lost) and don’t know who our Savior Jesus Christ is. It is my prayer and hopes that when you try to read and study the Bible that everyone will always keep an open-mind. Remember that God loves you and this book which is called the Bible is about your future and where everyone will spend the rest of their life at. As a Christian I am concerned about your soul and where you will spend all eternity at. We all have two choices in this life and the first one is that you should realize that you are a sinner and on your way to a place called Hell because of your unbelief in Jesus and His finish Works on the Cross. The second choice is that when you call upon the name of Jesus Christ and ask Him to come into your life and save you. Then you are on your way to a place called Heaven because of what Jesus done for all mankind on the Cross. He paid the price by shedding His precious blood and dying there so that all mankind could go free.
This concludes our Bible Study about God’s Salvation Plan. Also I believe that Jesus answered Nicodemus question about being Born Again. Please be much in prayer for me as I try to teach God’s Word the Bible.
Your, Brother in Christ
Introduction: It was about three months ago that I meet a new brother in Christ at our church, which is called East-view Baptist Church. His name is Red Butler and his wife is Jewel Butler. Now both of them jointed our little church and they are faithful and our Sunday School Class just loves them both dearly and they take a big part in our class too. After a few months had gone by, the pastor had to go out of town and he ask Brother Red to preach a sermon while he was gone. Well Brother Red had been a pastor for many years before and he stepped up to God’s call and I believe that everyone liked his style of preaching and so did I. After the worship service I ask Brother Red if he had any old sermons that I could post on my web-site for the world to see and read and maybe someone might be under conviction and they might get saved by hearing the word of God. Below is one of his first sermons and I pray that there will be many more to come. P.S. Please be much in prayer for Brother Red and his wife Jewel for the are up in years now and his wife Jewel is very sick.
What is the Value of a Human Life
Written by, Red Butler
Read Text: (Matthew 16:26); for what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul.
I would like for you to think with me for a little while about, what is a soul worth. I have heard men say that he is not worth a penny. He is not worth the power to blow his brains out. Also I would not give a plug nickel for his life. He is not worth living. Today man doesn’t place any value on a human life. Now if you don’t believe me, just listen to the news, people are killing each other for no reason at all.
What value did our Lord Jesus place on a human life? Listen to the value that Jesus said he is worth. Think about all of these things that God has made for us in the beginning. First God created the Heaven and the earth. God made all the stares, the solar system, the plants, and all the worlds, and the entire world system. Jesus said that he is worth more than all of these put-together, Jesus put it like this.
Jesus said in (Matthew 16:26) for what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul. Why did Jesus put such a value upon a human life? There are some outstanding reasons, and we need to consider them prayerfully.
A Soul is so valuable because of what Man is and because of God’s Purpose for Man.
When God had prepared this earth with all of its living creatures and with all of its swimming life in the seas, and the birds that fly in the air and animals and creeping things that lives upon the earth. God looked upon it and said “it is very good”. But God was not satisfied. Remember God is love, and love an object like unto itself, upon which it can bestow its affection. God was hungering for a family of children. So God said “let us make man in our image and in our likeness”, and so the Scripture says, “In the image of God created he him, male and female”. God said, let us make man in our image and in our likeness; and let them have dominion authority or control over the fish of the sea, and over the fowls of the air. And over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all creeping things that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them”. (Genesis 1:26-27)
Now the crowning work of God creation is a being from His own hands into whom, God has breathed the breath of His own life into Adam, and he became a living soul. Below are 8 sayings of love that God ask man to do.
- He wanted man to have a capacity to love like God.
- He wanted man to return the love of God.
- He wanted man to respond to and receive that matchless love of God.
- He wanted man to have the capacity to think the thought of God.
- He wanted man to live the life of God.
- He wanted man to hold fellowship with God.
- He wanted man to walk in communion with God.
- He wanted man to live with God.
We see God coming down in the cool of the day to have fellowship with Adam. Here we see a wonderful fellowship between the two. Now would you like to know what was said between the two of them, as they fellowshipped together? Here God’s purpose was that this man should be the lord of creation, and he should reign with Him and share His glory throughout eternity.
And then the unthinkable happen:
Here the Devil stepped in and upset the apple cart, he rob God and cause Adam to turn his back on his loving God. This is why Jesus said, “What does a man profited if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” Here Adam forfeits the opportunity to share with God, His glory through eternity. Now in a state of Holiness = perfect. He then forfeit his love that he had with God.
Again the reason Jesus placed that value upon a soul was because that soul is to live forever.
It is because of the fact of eternity and the immortality of the soul. The question ask here is, have you ever tried to grasp the thought of eternity and just what eternity means to you? Remember these words that may have been spoken to you or maybe someone in your family in the next paragraph.
Oh, the thought that I shall live somewhere forever and forever and forever. Someone, has said that if a tiny sparrow were to take in its beak a grain of sand from this planet to the moon, and came back to this earth, and it took him one thousand years for a round trip, and he did this until all of the earth was removed. It would just be one day in eternity. Now when we think of a lost soul, it would be lost forever.
Now listen to the cry from Hell. “ And he cried and said Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in tormented in this flame” (Luke 16:24). For two thousand years this man has been pleading for just a drop of water, not a glass full. Now what does it mean? He received no mercy. That is just the beginning, the terrible torture and the awfulness of the fact of Hell. But when you add eternity to the doom of the soul. Then you can understand when Jesus said, “What shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and lose his own soul.
If you would get a concept of what it means to be lost, the awfulness of Hell, you must look to Calvary. There is no other place in eternity where you can get a proper conception of what it means for a soul to be lost. For the Son of God to be willing to die in order that you and I can have eternal life. What a terrible price to pay. Yes the Son of God was willing to let His life be an offering for sin.
Now we can see Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. In His agony of soul His sweat as great drops of blood. Hear Him say “Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me.” For three hours the Son of God prayed that one prayer. He isn’t shrinking from the Cross. His soul is being made an offering for our sins. He is saying, “If there is any other way, Father, if there is any other way, to save a soul let me take that way, but there was no other way. Jesus looked into the face of the Father, and said not my will but thane will be done”. Oh the price God paid to redeem you and me. To keep us from going to Hell.
What would the rich man give to have the chance to kneel one more time, to make it right with God, do you believe that he would do it? Yes, a thousand times yes. Now what would he give to hear these sweet words below?
- Just to hear one more song of grace.
- Just to say one more prayer in his behalf.
- Just to hear one more message, from God’s wonderful book.
- Just to hear one more invitation.
- Just to hear one more time to make it right with God.
When you miss that last call from God and you have harden your heart to His Word, then you have made your stand with the Devil and his angels, you are on your way to a place called Hell.
Now we as believers in Jesus Christ, should never forget that Jesus paid the price by shedding His precious blood and that He died willing so that mankind could go free.
Remember, all you have to do is just sincerely pray a simple prayer like this one here. Our Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner. Now I believe that Jesus died for me because of my sins. Jesus I’m sorry for all the wrongs that I have done. Thank you for forgiving me of my sins. I accept your gift of eternal life. Thank you Father for my new life. Now from this day forward I choose to follow you. In Jesus name, Amen.
Note: Now this concludes this bible study in (Matthew 16:26); of the scriptures. Remember everything on this web-site is free. Please pass them on to other people if they have heaped you.
At Christmas time there was a man who looked so out of place,
As people rushed about him at a hurried sort of pace.
He stared at all the Christmas lights, the tinsel everywhere,
The shopping mall, Santa Claus, with children gathered near.
The mall was packed with shoppers who were going to and fro,
some with smiles and some with frowns and some too tired to go.
They rested on the benches or they hurried on their way,
to fight the crowd for purchases to carry home that day.
The music from a stereo was playing loud and clear,
of Santa Claus and snowmen and funny-nosed reindeer.
He heard the people talk about the good times on the way,
of parties, fun and food galore and gifts exchanged that day.
“I’d like to know what’s going on.” the man was heard to say,
“There seems to be some sort of celebration on the way.”
“And would you tell me who this is, all dressed in red and white?
“And why are children asking him about a special night?
The answer came in disbelief, “I can’t believe my ear.”
“I can’t believe that you don’t know that Christmas time is here.
“The time when Santa Claus comes around with gifts for girls and boys,
“When they’re asleep on Christmas Eve, he leaves them books and toys.
“The man you see in red and white is Santa Claus, so sly,
“The children love his joyful laugh and twinkle in his eye.
“His gift-packed sleigh is pulled along by very small reindeer,
“As he flies quickly through the air, while darting there and here.
“The children learn of Santa Claus while they are still quite small,
“When Christmas comes he is the most important one of all!”
The Stranger hung his head in shame, he closed a nail-pierced hand,
His body shook in disbelief, he did not understand.
A shadow crossed his stricken face, his voice was low but clear:
After all these years, they still don’t know ……. ”
And Jesus shed a tear.
This post was published in the October Courier for First Baptist Church of Hamilton Ohio. and is republished by permission.
Learning to Die
by Pastor Jeremy Spence
The words that came out of her mouth were these, “Dying is fun. I am looking forward to it.” If I wouldn’t have personally known her I would have thought she was crazy. But, she was far from being crazy. My grandmother is the one who uttered those words and in so doing started to teach my family and me, what it meant to die well, and with dignity. It would be the final lesson she would teach, culminating a life of teaching us how to live. It is also a lesson I will never forget. When my grandmother was given the diagnosis of liver cancer and 3 months to live she started on her final journey on earth, committed to finishing well. As she courageously faced cancer in the eye she graciously welcomed all who came into her home, especially her family.
As I was able to share at her funeral, her last months reminded me of the final days of Moses’ life as we read them in Deuteronomy 33. After Moses was told by God that he was going to die he blessed each tribe and in so doing blessed God. My grandmother did the exact same thing. As each of her grandchildren, and those we married, filed past her one last time she pronounced words of blessings, pride, and encouragement. She wanted to make sure we knew what she thought of us, and also how we should live going forward.
For me I heard the following words. “Jeremy, stay true to the holy calling of God on your life. I am very proud of you and your family. I love you very much. Your dad would be very proud of the man you have become. I know I will see you again”. There could have been no sweeter words spoke or a greater blessing given than what she spoke to me. She confidently and boldly proclaimed a blessing that was unique, challenging, but filled with the faith that God would be the one to work all things out for His good.
Those last days I believe Grandma spent them like she did most days, praying for her family and loved ones. As I reflected on her life during the funeral it came to me that my grandmother impacted at least 5 generations for The Lord in ways that most people wish they could do for just one generation. She prayed persistently and faithfully that all her grandchildren would know Jesus. All of us have made that commitment. She prayed for her pastor and her church that God would be glorified. Many people have come into the Kingdom because of her prayers. She prayed that she would be found faithful during all the days God granted her on this world. I
know she was found faithful.
After all her grandchildren and great-grandchildren would come to visit giving her thanks and blessings she would pray the only selfish prayer she may have ever uttered, “Lord bring me home”. The prayer that I believe was the last one to be answered when God decided to honor her request and so he took her home to be with him and reunited with my father and grandfather. It was the culmination of a life of prayer that came from her understanding of James 5:16b, “The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective”.
Monday September 16, 2013 God answered my grandmother’s last prayer but the power of her prayers will be evident for many generations. Truly Psalm 116:15 is true, “Precious in the sight of The Lord is the death of those faithful to him”.
When I come to the end of my life here on Earth I hope I will die as gracefully, courageously, and with as much dignity as my Grandmother. She gave me a picture on how to live faithfully and now I know how to die faithfully. For that I am grateful. For that I say “thanks Grandma and I will see you again one day”.
Looking Forward to Heaven,
They played this at church a few years ago and I lost my note to post it here and I found it today.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
I have been saving links to free bible study software and decided to share it with everyone. Use the links under “Favorites Links” in the side bar.
I hope this can help you with your studies.