My goal for the rest of my christian life is to tell the whole world about the (Good New) which is the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I want this website to be a true message for all of the unsaved people that have not accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. I believe that life can be a wonderful adventure at any age, especially when we have the choice and freedom to worship and serve our Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior. As you read this welcome page always remember that there are only two choices that we have in this life and that is to believe in Jesus as your Savior or don’t believe in Him and you will be lost for all eternity. I believe that one of the greatest things in this life is when someone accepts Jesus as their personal Savior. At this time I would like to express my own believes in the Holy Bible.
I believe that there is one, and only living true God and His name is Jehovah. My God is the only creator and maker of the Heaven and earth and He is worthy of all praises, honor, and love, because that in the Godhead there are three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and they are equal in every divine perfection and harmony together.
I believe that our Lord Jesus is the only begotten son of God and He was born of a virgin and her name was Mary. Jesus took upon himself our sin nature because He was without sin. God laid upon Him our sins and He bore them in His own body on the cross for the whole world. Jesus died on the cross as a substitute Lamb of God, so that in Him was fulfilled an end of all sacrifices and offerings of sin. Jesus was buried and He rose again on the third day, and after forty days, He ascended up into Heaven and there He sits on the right hand of the throne of God.
Jesus is now in Heaven and He is our only advocate and intercessor there to mediate between God and men. Jesus said that He would come again, in the book of (Revelation 22:12) He said, behold I come quickly, and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Jesus will judge both the saved and the unsaved; and He will sit upon the throne of David and rule and reign with His blood washed redeemed people of every kindred and tongue and nation for ever and ever.
I believe that this scripture in (Matthew 28:19-20) means that when we are saved, it is all of our responsibility as believers to tell all unbelievers about the Gospel and love of Jesus and how simple it is for them to be saved. This Website is a message for all of the lost people that have not accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior or for anyone that is not sure they are saved.
If you are not saved, please read the post that tells about the Romans Road to Heaven and learn about how simple it is to be saved.
1) This bible study I hope will help you understand this person that is commonly referred to as the Antichrist. Now the first thing that we should know about this Antichrist is that he is referred to by several names and titles throughout the bible. Now each of his names provides a glimpse into his diabolical character and his name.
2) The bible portrays the Antichrist as the one coming world leader who will negotiate a new peace treaty with the country of Israel in the last days. The word “Antichrist” appears only in (I John 4:3), (II John 1:7) and (I John 2:16-22). Also the Apostle John indicates that the Antichrist of the apocalyptic era will come in the future. But John also adds that there are many “Antichrists” and false teachers that have already come. I tell you to be careful in what you read and also who you put your faith in. But I will tell you the truth and the truth will set you free and that you should always believe in the Word of God and “His name is Jesus Christ” the one and only Savior of the world because “Jesus was the only one that died on the cross for all of our sins”.
3) The “Antichrist” in (I John 2:18); is a man who will come into the scene at the beginning of the seven year Tribulation. Then this “Antichrist” will also gain world wide power for the last three and a half years of the Tribulation. We as Christians must remember that this “Antichrist” is only the imitator of our Lord Jesus Christ and this “Antichrist” also has many names throughout the bible.
4) Remember the “Antichrist” will not come on the world scene until our Lord Jesus takes His church, back to Heaven, which is the Saints and they will be caught-up, which is called the Rapture to be with our Lord Jesus forever and all eternity.
5) The Antichrist will be the most incredible human leader the world has ever known. He will be a human genius, power and a master of deception, empowered by the “father of lies” (Daniel 11:21). The Antichrist will be promising peace, but he pushes the world into war.
6) Below there are some facts that will identify the “Antichrist” when he comes to power. There is only one person in history that will fit every one of these facts. There have been many prototypes, of the “Antichrist”; but there will only be one Antichrist. (Please read the scriptures below.)
- He will rule the entire world. “And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.” (Revelation 13:7)
- His headquarters will be in Rome. “The beast, which you saw, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss; and the seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.” (Revelation 17:12-13)
- He will rule by deception. “He will become very strong, and will succeed in whatever he does. He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior.” (Daniel 8:24-25)
- He will rise to power in the Last Days. Now later in the time of the wrath; the time of the end and a stern faced king. He is also a master of intrigue and he will arise to power. (Daniel 8:19-23)
- He will be intelligent and persuasive. “The other Horn, looked more imposing than the others and he had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully.” (Daniel 7:20)
7) There are many other details given in the Bible regarding the Antichrist. Whether he is Jewish or Gentile is not entirely clear. What is clear, however, is that he will control the great bastion of Gentile world power and will extend his control over the entire world, promising to ensure world peace through a series of international treaties, agreements, and alliances. Despite his promises of world peace, he will inevitably plunge the world into the most catastrophic war of all time.
8) The “Beast” and his armies are defeated by the “King of Kings” and the “Lord of Lords” which is Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior at the battle of Armageddon. Well for those who would like to know just what happens to the “Beast” which is the “Antichrist” and with him is the false prophet too. For all of those who do not believe in Jesus Christ as the one and only true Son of God, the only savior of the world, remember Jesus has the power to save those that will still call upon His name and repent of their sins. Because God the Father gave Him this power to save the lost before their time runs out for that old Devil wants everyone to burn in Hell with him.
9) This is what happens to those “two great deceivers” which are the “Antichrist” and the “False Prophet” that deceive all men about God and sin during the Tribulation Period in the book of (Revelation 19:20-21). They were conquered by Jesus Christ, who did cast both of them “alive into the lake of fire”. They are the first to be cast into this lake of fire, which is really the eternal hell that God has “prepared for the Devil and his angels” in (Matthew 25:41). Now Satan was bound for 1000 years in the “Bottomless Pit” and shut him up, and set a seal on him. So that he should not deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished.
10) But after these things the Devil must be released for a little while. Satan will be let loose and he will gather his army of rebels one more time and surrounds the city of Jerusalem for one last battle with our Lord God. Then God will sends fire down from Heaven and devours Satan and all of his follows. Satan and his angels and the rest of all unbelievers will be cast into the lake of fire for ever and ever.
11) In the book of Revelations in chapter thirteen the Apostle John tells us all about the beast which is the Antichrist. (Revelation 13:1) And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. (Revelation 13:2) And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. (Revelation 13:3) And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death, and his deadly wound was healed, and all the world wondered after the beast. (Revelation 13:4) And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him? (Revelation 13:5) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. (Revelation 13:6) And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. (Revelation 13:7) And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. (Revelation 13:8) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Revelation 13:9) If any man have an ear, let him hear. (Revelation 13:10) He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. (Revelation 13:11) And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. (Revelation 13:12) And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. (Revelation 13:13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, (Revelation 13:14) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. (Revelation 13:15) And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. (Revelation 13:16) And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: (Revelation 13:17) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Revelation 13:18) Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. The Mark of the Beast is 666. My prayer for anyone that is left behind is please don’t take the mark of this beast or your soul will be eternally lost forever in a place called Hell.
12) Remember my Jesus is the only one that can save you from your sins. Also my Jesus is the only one that died and was “Resurrected” from the grave. Jesus is the only one that can make atonement for your sins because He is the savior of the world. He paid the price by shedding His precious blood for all mankind on the Cross.
13) Jesus did this so that we that were born into sin because of what that old deceiver the Devil did by tempting Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This was the temptation and the fall of mankind. Here you can read for yourself the fall and the Promise of Redemption in these verses of (Genesis 3:1-7).
There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus and he was a ruler of the Jews; in (John 3:1). Nicodemus came to Jesus by night, and said unto Him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher that come from God; for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. (John 3:2). In verse three Jesus answered, and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be “Born again”, he cannot see the “Kingdom of God”. Nicodemus saith unto him, how can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? (John 3:4) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be “born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the “Kingdom of God”. (John 3:5) Jesus said, that which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. (John 3:6) In verse seven Jesus said; Marvel not that I said unto thee, “Ye must be “Born Again”. Then Jesus said, the wind bloweth where it willeth, and thou hearest the sound of it, but canst not tell from where it cometh, and where it goeth; so is every one that is “Born of the Spirit”. Nicodemus answered and said unto him. How can these things be? (John 3:9) In verse ten Jesus answered, and said unto him, Art thou a teacher of Israel, and knowest not these things? Then Jesus said, verily, verily, I say unto thee, we speak that which we do know, and testify to that which we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. (John 3:11) If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you Heavenly things? (John 3:12) In verse thirteen Jesus said to Nicodemus; And no man hath ascended up to Heaven, but he that came down from Heaven, even the “Son of man who is in Heaven”. And, as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up. (John 3:14) Jesus said, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:15) This next verse is the most quoted verse in the bible. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16) Jesus said, For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. (John 3:17) Jesus said, He that believeth on Him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18). And this is the condemnation, that light is come unto the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. (John 3:19) Jesus said, For everyone that doeth evil, hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. (John 3:20) But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. (John 3:21);
Nicodemus was a highly moral man who obeyed God’s law. And he was a respected leader of the Jewish community. There was no doubt that he was a fine man. But yet, something was lacking in his life. Now many people today, like Nicodemus were confuse with religion with the “New Birth” in Jesus Christ. The phrases like “I pray regularly” or “I believe there is a God” often are confused with a real “New Birth” experience. Have you ever wondered what the phrase “New Birth” or the phrase “Born Again” really means? The bible records that Jesus used this phrase in a conversation with a man named Nicodemus. When Nicodemus approached Jesus at night . He brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight. (John 19:39) Nicodemus approached Jesus at night time, he was curious about Jesus and the “Kingdom of God”. Jesus told Nicodemus in (John 3:3) that “Except a man be “Born Again”, he cannot see the “Kingdom of God”. Then Nicodemus ask Jesus, “How can a man be born when he is old? (John 3:4) The “New Birth” begins with the Holy Spirit convicting a person that the person is a sinner. Now because of sin, we are spiritually dead. For this reason, spiritual birth, as Jesus described it, is necessary. God loves us and gives us spiritual birth when we ask Him for it.
The Bible says that all people have sinned and come short of the glory of God and being justified freely by His grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus in (Romans 3:23-24). The word “Redemption” means to deliver by paying a price and Jesus certainly, did paid our sin debt on the Cross. Jesus died on the Cross and was raised from the dead to save sinners. When you are “Born Again,” it means that a person admits to God that he or she is a sinner. When you repent of your sin that means that you believe in or trust Jesus Christ, and you confess your faith in Him as your Savior and Lord of your life. We must remember that, when Jesus told Nicodemus that everyone who believes in Jesus Christ would not perish (John 3:16). Always remember that Jesus is the only One who can save us from our sins (John 14:6).
All you have to do is place your Faith in Jesus and believe in Jesus as your Savior is to be “Born Again”. And you must confess your sins and ask Him right now to save you. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord Jesus shall be saved (Acts 2:21). Now after you have received Jesus Christ into your life. Then you should share your decision with another person, and then follow Jesus Christ’s example, by asking for baptism by immersion in water in your local church as a public expression of your faith, (Romans 6:4).
We come to the end of this bible lesson about God’s Salvation Plan, I would like to ask you a question about the condition of “your Soul”. If you were to die before this day comes to an end; “where would your Soul spend eternity at? Now this is probably the most important question in your life. Would you like to ask Jesus to save you now? If so just keep on reading and the next few verses will tell you how to be saved. All you have to do is just sincerely pray a simple prayer like this one here. “Please God, I confess to you my sins and I need Jesus in my life right now. I will turn away from my sins and place my Faith in your Son Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Amen.”
You should share your Faith in Jesus Christ with other Christian friends or a pastor. Becoming a Christian, this is your first step on that long life’s road of a Spiritual growth and your service to sharing God. The second step is to follow Jesus Christ in a believer’s baptism by immersion in water and joining a local church that teaches the true Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Jesus said to Thomas in (John 14:6) I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- Neither is there Salvation in any other; for there is no other name under Heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12) and His name is Jesus.
We as Christians should remember that Salvation is simple, but it’s not cheap. It cost Jesus Christ everything so that salvation could be offered to us freely. God has provided simple steps to salvation, which permits anyone who can make their own decision to have it. If salvation could be received on the basic of education, multitudes would be excluded. If eternal life could be had on the basis of wealth, a great number would still be left out. If being saved were dependent upon one’s moral perfection, everyone would fall short. God has made His salvation available on the basis of a personal faith which even a child can exercise. This way everyone is reduced to the same level in the eyes of God and all must come to him on the same terms (Romans 3:9-10) and (Galatians 3:22).
Paul said, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not, of yourselves; it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast”. (Ephesians 2:8-9) Below you will find some scriptures in the book of Romans that can lead you through the Romans road to Heaven. Please take the time to read the questions below and study God’s Word and may God bless you always.
- Who is good? (Romans 3:10) As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one.
- Who has sinned? (Romans 3:23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
- Where did sin come from? (Romans 5:12) Wherefore, as by one-man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.
- God paid the price for sin. (Romans 6:23) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- We all have a way out. (Romans 5:8) But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- What must I do to be saved? (Romans 10:9-11) That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
It is my prayer and hope that everyone can understand a little more about their new home in Heaven and of what God’s future plan that He has in store for them for all eternity. Some people just shake their heads and are scared to what the future holds for them. They say that they cannot read the bible and understand anything that the Scriptures are saying to them. So I have tried to outline each of the verses with the help of the Holy Spirit so that anyone; whether you are a believer in Jesus Christ (Saved) or an unbeliever (lost) and don’t know who our Savior Jesus Christ is. It is my prayer and hopes that when you try to read and study the Bible that everyone will always keep an open-mind. Remember that God loves you and this book which is called the Bible is about your future and where everyone will spend the rest of their life at. As a Christian I am concerned about your soul and where you will spend all eternity at. We all have two choices in this life and the first one is that you should realize that you are a sinner and on your way to a place called Hell because of your unbelief in Jesus and His finish Works on the Cross. The second choice is that when you call upon the name of Jesus Christ and ask Him to come into your life and save you. Then you are on your way to a place called Heaven because of what Jesus done for all mankind on the Cross. He paid the price by shedding His precious blood and dying there so that all mankind could go free.
This concludes our Bible Study about God’s Salvation Plan. Also I believe that Jesus answered Nicodemus question about being Born Again. Please be much in prayer for me as I try to teach God’s Word the Bible.
Your, Brother in Christ
Introduction: It was about three months ago that I meet a new brother in Christ at our church, which is called East-view Baptist Church. His name is Red Butler and his wife is Jewel Butler. Now both of them jointed our little church and they are faithful and our Sunday School Class just loves them both dearly and they take a big part in our class too. After a few months had gone by, the pastor had to go out of town and he ask Brother Red to preach a sermon while he was gone. Well Brother Red had been a pastor for many years before and he stepped up to God’s call and I believe that everyone liked his style of preaching and so did I. After the worship service I ask Brother Red if he had any old sermons that I could post on my web-site for the world to see and read and maybe someone might be under conviction and they might get saved by hearing the word of God. Below is one of his first sermons and I pray that there will be many more to come. P.S. Please be much in prayer for Brother Red and his wife Jewel for the are up in years now and his wife Jewel is very sick.
What is the Value of a Human Life
Written by, Red Butler
Read Text: (Matthew 16:26); for what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul.
I would like for you to think with me for a little while about, what is a soul worth. I have heard men say that he is not worth a penny. He is not worth the power to blow his brains out. Also I would not give a plug nickel for his life. He is not worth living. Today man doesn’t place any value on a human life. Now if you don’t believe me, just listen to the news, people are killing each other for no reason at all.
What value did our Lord Jesus place on a human life? Listen to the value that Jesus said he is worth. Think about all of these things that God has made for us in the beginning. First God created the Heaven and the earth. God made all the stares, the solar system, the plants, and all the worlds, and the entire world system. Jesus said that he is worth more than all of these put-together, Jesus put it like this.
Jesus said in (Matthew 16:26) for what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul. Why did Jesus put such a value upon a human life? There are some outstanding reasons, and we need to consider them prayerfully.
A Soul is so valuable because of what Man is and because of God’s Purpose for Man.
When God had prepared this earth with all of its living creatures and with all of its swimming life in the seas, and the birds that fly in the air and animals and creeping things that lives upon the earth. God looked upon it and said “it is very good”. But God was not satisfied. Remember God is love, and love an object like unto itself, upon which it can bestow its affection. God was hungering for a family of children. So God said “let us make man in our image and in our likeness”, and so the Scripture says, “In the image of God created he him, male and female”. God said, let us make man in our image and in our likeness; and let them have dominion authority or control over the fish of the sea, and over the fowls of the air. And over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all creeping things that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them”. (Genesis 1:26-27)
Now the crowning work of God creation is a being from His own hands into whom, God has breathed the breath of His own life into Adam, and he became a living soul. Below are 8 sayings of love that God ask man to do.
- He wanted man to have a capacity to love like God.
- He wanted man to return the love of God.
- He wanted man to respond to and receive that matchless love of God.
- He wanted man to have the capacity to think the thought of God.
- He wanted man to live the life of God.
- He wanted man to hold fellowship with God.
- He wanted man to walk in communion with God.
- He wanted man to live with God.
We see God coming down in the cool of the day to have fellowship with Adam. Here we see a wonderful fellowship between the two. Now would you like to know what was said between the two of them, as they fellowshipped together? Here God’s purpose was that this man should be the lord of creation, and he should reign with Him and share His glory throughout eternity.
And then the unthinkable happen:
Here the Devil stepped in and upset the apple cart, he rob God and cause Adam to turn his back on his loving God. This is why Jesus said, “What does a man profited if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” Here Adam forfeits the opportunity to share with God, His glory through eternity. Now in a state of Holiness = perfect. He then forfeit his love that he had with God.
Again the reason Jesus placed that value upon a soul was because that soul is to live forever.
It is because of the fact of eternity and the immortality of the soul. The question ask here is, have you ever tried to grasp the thought of eternity and just what eternity means to you? Remember these words that may have been spoken to you or maybe someone in your family in the next paragraph.
Oh, the thought that I shall live somewhere forever and forever and forever. Someone, has said that if a tiny sparrow were to take in its beak a grain of sand from this planet to the moon, and came back to this earth, and it took him one thousand years for a round trip, and he did this until all of the earth was removed. It would just be one day in eternity. Now when we think of a lost soul, it would be lost forever.
Now listen to the cry from Hell. “ And he cried and said Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in tormented in this flame” (Luke 16:24). For two thousand years this man has been pleading for just a drop of water, not a glass full. Now what does it mean? He received no mercy. That is just the beginning, the terrible torture and the awfulness of the fact of Hell. But when you add eternity to the doom of the soul. Then you can understand when Jesus said, “What shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and lose his own soul.
If you would get a concept of what it means to be lost, the awfulness of Hell, you must look to Calvary. There is no other place in eternity where you can get a proper conception of what it means for a soul to be lost. For the Son of God to be willing to die in order that you and I can have eternal life. What a terrible price to pay. Yes the Son of God was willing to let His life be an offering for sin.
Now we can see Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. In His agony of soul His sweat as great drops of blood. Hear Him say “Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me.” For three hours the Son of God prayed that one prayer. He isn’t shrinking from the Cross. His soul is being made an offering for our sins. He is saying, “If there is any other way, Father, if there is any other way, to save a soul let me take that way, but there was no other way. Jesus looked into the face of the Father, and said not my will but thane will be done”. Oh the price God paid to redeem you and me. To keep us from going to Hell.
What would the rich man give to have the chance to kneel one more time, to make it right with God, do you believe that he would do it? Yes, a thousand times yes. Now what would he give to hear these sweet words below?
- Just to hear one more song of grace.
- Just to say one more prayer in his behalf.
- Just to hear one more message, from God’s wonderful book.
- Just to hear one more invitation.
- Just to hear one more time to make it right with God.
When you miss that last call from God and you have harden your heart to His Word, then you have made your stand with the Devil and his angels, you are on your way to a place called Hell.
Now we as believers in Jesus Christ, should never forget that Jesus paid the price by shedding His precious blood and that He died willing so that mankind could go free.
Remember, all you have to do is just sincerely pray a simple prayer like this one here. Our Heavenly Father, I know that I am a sinner. Now I believe that Jesus died for me because of my sins. Jesus I’m sorry for all the wrongs that I have done. Thank you for forgiving me of my sins. I accept your gift of eternal life. Thank you Father for my new life. Now from this day forward I choose to follow you. In Jesus name, Amen.
Note: Now this concludes this bible study in (Matthew 16:26); of the scriptures. Remember everything on this web-site is free. Please pass them on to other people if they have heaped you.
At Christmas time there was a man who looked so out of place,
As people rushed about him at a hurried sort of pace.
He stared at all the Christmas lights, the tinsel everywhere,
The shopping mall, Santa Claus, with children gathered near.
The mall was packed with shoppers who were going to and fro,
some with smiles and some with frowns and some too tired to go.
They rested on the benches or they hurried on their way,
to fight the crowd for purchases to carry home that day.
The music from a stereo was playing loud and clear,
of Santa Claus and snowmen and funny-nosed reindeer.
He heard the people talk about the good times on the way,
of parties, fun and food galore and gifts exchanged that day.
“I’d like to know what’s going on.” the man was heard to say,
“There seems to be some sort of celebration on the way.”
“And would you tell me who this is, all dressed in red and white?
“And why are children asking him about a special night?
The answer came in disbelief, “I can’t believe my ear.”
“I can’t believe that you don’t know that Christmas time is here.
“The time when Santa Claus comes around with gifts for girls and boys,
“When they’re asleep on Christmas Eve, he leaves them books and toys.
“The man you see in red and white is Santa Claus, so sly,
“The children love his joyful laugh and twinkle in his eye.
“His gift-packed sleigh is pulled along by very small reindeer,
“As he flies quickly through the air, while darting there and here.
“The children learn of Santa Claus while they are still quite small,
“When Christmas comes he is the most important one of all!”
The Stranger hung his head in shame, he closed a nail-pierced hand,
His body shook in disbelief, he did not understand.
A shadow crossed his stricken face, his voice was low but clear:
After all these years, they still don’t know ……. ”
And Jesus shed a tear.
This post was published in the October Courier for First Baptist Church of Hamilton Ohio. and is republished by permission.
Learning to Die
by Pastor Jeremy Spence
The words that came out of her mouth were these, “Dying is fun. I am looking forward to it.” If I wouldn’t have personally known her I would have thought she was crazy. But, she was far from being crazy. My grandmother is the one who uttered those words and in so doing started to teach my family and me, what it meant to die well, and with dignity. It would be the final lesson she would teach, culminating a life of teaching us how to live. It is also a lesson I will never forget. When my grandmother was given the diagnosis of liver cancer and 3 months to live she started on her final journey on earth, committed to finishing well. As she courageously faced cancer in the eye she graciously welcomed all who came into her home, especially her family.
As I was able to share at her funeral, her last months reminded me of the final days of Moses’ life as we read them in Deuteronomy 33. After Moses was told by God that he was going to die he blessed each tribe and in so doing blessed God. My grandmother did the exact same thing. As each of her grandchildren, and those we married, filed past her one last time she pronounced words of blessings, pride, and encouragement. She wanted to make sure we knew what she thought of us, and also how we should live going forward.
For me I heard the following words. “Jeremy, stay true to the holy calling of God on your life. I am very proud of you and your family. I love you very much. Your dad would be very proud of the man you have become. I know I will see you again”. There could have been no sweeter words spoke or a greater blessing given than what she spoke to me. She confidently and boldly proclaimed a blessing that was unique, challenging, but filled with the faith that God would be the one to work all things out for His good.
Those last days I believe Grandma spent them like she did most days, praying for her family and loved ones. As I reflected on her life during the funeral it came to me that my grandmother impacted at least 5 generations for The Lord in ways that most people wish they could do for just one generation. She prayed persistently and faithfully that all her grandchildren would know Jesus. All of us have made that commitment. She prayed for her pastor and her church that God would be glorified. Many people have come into the Kingdom because of her prayers. She prayed that she would be found faithful during all the days God granted her on this world. I
know she was found faithful.
After all her grandchildren and great-grandchildren would come to visit giving her thanks and blessings she would pray the only selfish prayer she may have ever uttered, “Lord bring me home”. The prayer that I believe was the last one to be answered when God decided to honor her request and so he took her home to be with him and reunited with my father and grandfather. It was the culmination of a life of prayer that came from her understanding of James 5:16b, “The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective”.
Monday September 16, 2013 God answered my grandmother’s last prayer but the power of her prayers will be evident for many generations. Truly Psalm 116:15 is true, “Precious in the sight of The Lord is the death of those faithful to him”.
When I come to the end of my life here on Earth I hope I will die as gracefully, courageously, and with as much dignity as my Grandmother. She gave me a picture on how to live faithfully and now I know how to die faithfully. For that I am grateful. For that I say “thanks Grandma and I will see you again one day”.
Looking Forward to Heaven,
They played this at church a few years ago and I lost my note to post it here and I found it today.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
I have been saving links to free bible study software and decided to share it with everyone. Use the links under “Favorites Links” in the side bar.
I hope this can help you with your studies.
In the month of May this past year we went on our family vacation to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. My wife Janice always likes to shop around in the small stores with her sister for special deals on scenic pictures and Christian pictures to take home. We all like to go to the shop of Randall Ogles Gallery. Now it was here in this friendly picture shop that I meet Mr. Ogle and I ask him if he was a Christian and he said yes, for a long, long time. Now my wife Janice purchased a beautiful scenic picture that had three bears and a old log cabin with a beautiful colorful back ground of the mountains.
Well while my wife and sister in-law shopped around the gallery I began to talk to my new brother in Christ. I told him about “My Christian Computer Ministry,” and how long it had been on the internet. I gave him my card and he gave me one of his cards back also. I had seen several pictures of Christ and there was one picture of a small country church in his store that I liked really well. Then I ask brother Ogle if he would give me permission to put some of Christian pictures on my web-site and he said yes.
Now below are some of Brother Ogle’s pictures of his great work as an Artist. I believe that Brother Ogle said that he had been drawing and painting pictures for over 43 years and his work as an Artist shows just how good they really are.
Now if anyone likes these examples of his pictures below, you can contact him at the “Smoky Mountain Native Artist Shop in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Also you can just call Mr. Randall Ogle by phone and his number is 1-865-428-2839. You can also contact him on his web-site too which is RandallOgleGallery.com
Now before my Mother died she told me that one day Jesus would always be with us because of the Holy Spirit that lives in our hearts and that made an ever lasting impression on my life. Now it was just a few years later that Janice lost both of her parents too. My wife Janice and I had been married for over 52 years now and I Love her more than ever as each day goes by. Both of us love spending time with her sister and husband in Tennessee. Now sense I have retired we go to Pigeon Forge Tennessee every year and during this time all of us just love the Smokey Mountains. We always rent a big cabin somewhere in the mountains because all of us just love the peace and quite and the relaxed time and the view from the back porch is just great. Now I have to tell this cute little story which is about a raccoon that came to visit us when we were at the log cabin in Pigeon Forge Tennessee. It was getting late in the evening on the second night that we were all out on the back porch enjoying the view. Now we had brought with us some payday candies-bars and my sister-in-law dropped a few peanuts on the porch and the raccoon climbed up on the porch and used his little paws to grab the peanuts and eat them. Now make a long the story short, my brother-in-law Leroy made a big mistake, when he started feeding the raccoon that evening because that old raccoon came back for dinner every night and he would not leave until someone gave him his dinner. That old raccoon would lay out there just like a big cat with his front paws stretched out in front of him and his belly flat on that porch just begging for more food. This big boy came every night for more food and this went on for the next four nights that we stayed there. Also we visit the Great Smoke Mountain State Park and we love to watch the wild animals as we drive the Cove trails and sometimes we take a lot of great pictures too. There is a couple of other things that we all in joy and that is eating out at some of the restaurants and also we go shopping at the gift shops while we are in town too. Now when the week is gone by we ask our self where did all the time go. Well we start to pack our belongs that we had purchase on our trip and then finished gathering our things that had been scattered around the log cabin, before preparing to return to our home in Ohio. But before we leave town we stop at one of the Cracker Barrels to eat breakfast. Well as we sit down at one of the tables, the lady comes over to take our order and my wife and I always order a cup of coffee with our breakfast. We were just talking about the usual pleasantries about how good it was to be going home again. Well it was then that I remembered the precious times that I spend at my mother’s kitchen table drinking coffee with her and all the special talks that we had at the old kitchen table too. Now sense Janice and I have been married we have lost both of parents in death and also we have lost two daughters to.
I will always thank our Lord and Savior for that special promise that we all will be together again in Heaven someday soon.
Now I would like to say to all of the unsaved people in every family, please, if you love your children please tell them about Jesus and his good news which is the one and only Gospel. Now all you have to do is confess to God that you are a sinner and repent of your sins and then ask Jesus Christ to save you and He will come into your heart and dwell with you forever and all eternity. I remember when my Mother was alive and all of her 8 children would visit her home at Christmas time every year which was a big trailer in Excello Ohio. My sister Marie would always read the story Christmas every year. Then we would have prayer and thank Him for His Great Salvation Plan and for keeping all us safe and well for another year. Now after Janice and I were married for a few years we had 4 wonderful little girls and we began to spend our Christmas every year with her parents. Well I believe that we spoiled those little girls because when we were growing up we did not have much because times were hard back then as I remember it. One day while we sat around the kitchen table and having a cup of coffee; with our breakfast. As we sat at the kitchen table on that day in late December, my wife and I decided that we were committing our kids to the Lord during those lonely days, asking God’s protection and guidance upon our lives and our four children. We ask the Lord to use us and guide us and teach us in His righteousness way. Then we gave the Lord permission to use our children in any way that He desired, and that we were totally His. Well I remember placing my hand on my wife hand and telling her just how much I loved her and that I would always be faithful to her and how thankful I was that God had made her just for me. Now I believe that if it wasn’t for a merciful God that watches over me and for my wife Janice loving me and praying for God to save me I would not be here to tell this story. Also the prayerful sacrifice of my mother on my behalf that followed me as I made my way in this world in my early years, which ultimately brought me into the Lord’s ministry. Behind all of that there was a desire in my heart to study the bible and after I was saved I just wanted to be a servant in the Lord’s ministry. I have a heart for the things of God now and I believe that it began with my wife and mother’s commitment and prayerful invitation to the Lord to make me His very own child.
Now on December 6th, I began a bible study on the book of “Revelation” in the morning worship services at 8:30 in the morning on the first Sunday of each month. Now the reason that I started teaching this great book of Revelation was that I was hunger for God’s Word. Now my main focus was that all the members and friends at East-view Baptist Church would have a desire to learn more about Heaven; and the home, that they would be spending with our Lord and Savior for all eternity. We finish this bible study about the great book of Revelation and now I believe that some of us have a better understand of this last book of the bible. This bible study only took about four years to finish. Now our next bible study is on the book of Daniel. We are presently in chapter three of this great prophecy book of Daniel. When I finish this book on Daniel we will begin another bible study on the book of John.
Now there are many reasons why those of us who are Christians will commit to the Lord and follow this path of learning about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Now I would like to take this time; and tell you why; all believers in Christ should pray for the unsaved people. (Now the Apostle Paul tells us that we are to pray without ceasing (I Thessalonians 5:17). Now it is our job to pray for one for another and in (I Corinthians 14:15) Paul says that I will pray with the Spirit, and pray with understanding also. Remember it is our job to pray for the whole world.
Please allow me to take a few lines to list some of them. Twelve Biblical reasons why we should pray:
There Are Twelve Biblical Reasons Why We Should Pray
1) Reason: God (Jehovah) values our prayers.
- Now in John’s letter to the churches in Revelation, there is a scene in the fifth chapter where John sees with His own eyes the glory of the living and resurrected Savior as he stands before the throne of God in his regained power and splendor. The relevant portion of the text reads:
- Then I saw a Lamb (Jesus), looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. (Revelation 5:6-8).
- That is a remarkable passage in many respects. But to think that the heart expressions of our lives in prayer like sweet smelling incense in the presence of God is a sobering thought. When our praise, adoration, and petitions leave our hearts, they are treasured by the God who hears them. That is an image we need to hold firmly in our mind. God deeply desires that we would offer the prayers of our hearts to him with words of praise, thanksgiving, petition for our own needs and intercession for the needs of others. God values our prayers.
2) Reason: We are instructed in the Bible to pray. (Matthew 5:44)
- But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you; (Romans 12:12)
- (James 5:16) the prayer of a righteous be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. A person is powerful and effective.
3) Reason: We should follow Jesus’ example, and like Him, pray regularly.
- (Luke 5:16) But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.
- (Luke 6:12) One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the [whole] night praying to God. And of course you know of the prayers of our Lord Jesus on the evening before his crucifixion. Jesus prayed to the Father that He would be able to complete the work the Father gave Him to do. And the Father answered that prayer.
4) Reason: Prayer is how we communicate our worship and praise to God.
- (Philippians 4:6) do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- (I Thessalonians 5:17) Said; pray continually.
5) Reason: Through prayer, God allows us to participate in His work on behalf of others.
- Prayer can heal nations and grant us strength to endure difficulties. Prayer also plays a part in bringing others
to faith in Christ. You already know the most powerful promise that we have used in times of national prayer:
- (II Chronicles 7:14) If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
- (Isaiah 40:29-31) He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
- Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
6) Reason: Prayer gives us power over evil.
- Physical power and strength are of no use in the spiritual realm. Even the physically weak can be strong in prayer:
- (James 4:7-8) Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
7) Reason: Prayer is always available to us.
- Nothing can keep a believer from coming before God. Governments may condemn and forbid God’s Word, but there are no barriers to prayer.
- (Romans 8:38-39) for I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
8) Reason: Prayer keeps us humble before God.
- Through prayer we realize that God is in control and we can do nothing apart from Him.
- (Jeremiah 32:17) “Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
- (John 15:5) “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and me in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
9) Reason: Prayer; grants us the privilege; of experiencing; the reality, the presence, and the power of God.
- (Acts 1:8) but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
10) Reason: Answered prayer has the potential to be an incredible witness to unbelievers.
- Now skeptics will always have criticisms and doubts regarding answered prayer, but some will see the power of God at work, and as a result, may be drawn to Christ.
- (Acts 2:42) they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
11) Reason: Prayer strengthens the bonds among believers.
- Scripture instructs us to pray for and confess our sins to one another. Through this we learn empathy and understand the needs of others.
- (Ephesians 6:18) and pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
12) Reason: Prayer succeeds where other means have failed.
- Prayer is not a last resort, but it can often make a difference where other methods have failed.
- (Proverbs 3:5-6) Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- (Philippians 4:6-7) do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- To his prophet Jeremiah, God revealed His heart–a heart that issues forth in good things for those who love Him:
- (Jeremiah 29:11-13) For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Prayer is commanded in the Scriptures. It is also an amazing privilege. God, the Creator, invites us to come to Him personally to share in a lifestyle of His relationship for all eternity. In prayer, we hear the invitation of God Himself who says, “I long for the pleasure of your company. Won’t you join me?” I pray that we will find ourselves emboldened and willing to do so. I also believe that because a mother is willing to prayed for her children; and all of her love ones faithfully. Then our God will answer her prayers.
Note: I pray that these scriptures have helped your studies and a better under standing of Gods’ word in the Bible. Please feel free to pass them on to other people if they have helped you.
Your, Brother in Christ