“The Book of Revelation Chapter 16”
Introduction: This week we will continue our Bible Study lessons in chapter 16 of the Book of Revelation. Today we will study the Seven Vial Judgments that are God’s direct Judgments upon the Earth. 1) Now these Vial Judgments are not man’s doings, as was seen in the Seal Judgments, nor Satan’s onslaughts, as was seen in the Trumpet Judgments. 2) Now the Seal and the Trumpet Judgments were enforced one at a time, while the Vial Judgments are poured out all- together.
Revelation Chapter 16:
I) (The First Bowl of God’s Wrath) (The Loathsome Sores) (Revelation 16:1-2)
1) (Read) (Chapter 16:1) And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven Angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. (KJV)
1) Explanation: (Chapter 16:1); And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven Angels, (Now John said he heard a “Great voice” out of the Temple saying to the seven Angels. Here we focus on the word “great” and this is the great chapter of the Bible, this word occurred eleven times). Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. (Now this refers to the kingdom of the Antichrist, and not to the entirety of the Earth. Now this kingdom will be comprised of North Africa, the Middle East, and much more of Europe. (Daniel 7:7)
1) Comments: (Chapter 16:1); now this chapter sixteen unveils the seven final and most severe Judgments of the Great Tribulation. These vials represent the climax of God’s punishment of sinners during this Tribulation period. Now there is no repentance that is invited or shown and the emptying of the bowls take’s place very rapidly in a short period of time. Now the Judgments are somewhat parallel both to the ten plagues on Egypt, in (Exodus chapters 7 and 12) and also to the trumpets in (Revelation chapters 8 and 9). Now this period will last for three and one-half years and prepares the world for the coming of Jesus Christ in His power to establish His kingdom. Now these bowls that are poured out by these seven Angels are literal plagues or catastrophes that will come on earth.
And the Angels are commanded to pour out their vials upon the earth. We should also remember that nothing can be done without the permission of God.
2) (Read) (Chapter 16:2); and the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast and upon them which worshipped his image. (KJV)
2) Explanation: (Chapter 16:2); and the first (Angel) went, and poured out his vial upon the earth. (The first Angel poured out the first plague). And there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast and upon them which worshipped his image. (Now this proves that these plagues will be poured out only on the kingdom of the beast).
2) Comments: (Chapter 16:2); (THE FIRST VIAL OF GOD’S WRATH). Now the first bowl that is poured out affects only those who have the mark of the Beast. This is the beginning of the doom of the Beast Worshippers. Now only the Beast worshippers are plagued with these sores, as only the Egyptians were plagued with boils, when they would not let the children of Israel go free. (Exodus 9:8-12). The destruction of the Beast Worshippers, is described in (Revelation 14:9-11); (Revelation 19:20). (Read these verses on (Revelation 14:9-12); and (Revelation 19:20).
II) (The Second Bowl of God’s Wrath)
(The Sea turns to Blood) (Revelation 16:3)
3) (Read) (Chapter 16:3); And the second Angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea. (KJV)
3) Explanation: (Chapter 16:3); And the second Angel poured out his vial upon the sea. (The Mediterranean Sea) and it became as the blood of a dead man. (Now this pertains to the entire Mediterranean Sea; the blood of a dead man is almost black, and is coagulated). And every living soul died in the sea. (Now this should have been translated “living creatures”, and therefore, every person on the ships in the Mediterranean Sea will die, and all of the fish too).
3) Comments: (Chapter 16:3); (THE SECOND VIAL OF GOD’S WRATH). Now the second Angel’s bowl is poured upon the sea and turns it to blood. Now this terrible pollution will kill all of the creatures in the sea. The Second Trumpet Judgment was that a third part of the sea became blood. Now a third part of the creatures died in the sea, and a third part of the ships were destroyed. (Revelation 8:8-9). This plague of blood covers more than the third part of the sea. Now it covers all the sea, and every living soul (air breathing being); died in the sea.
III) (The Third Bowl of God’s Wrath)
(The Waters are turn to Blood) (Revelation 16:4-7)
4) (Read) (Chapter 16:4); and the third Angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. (KJV)
4) Explanation: (Chapter 16:4); And the third Angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters. (Now this speaks of all the underground rivers as well; and all of the water throughout the kingdom of the beast is poisoned). And they became blood. (Now this is not to be explained away as being merely a symbolic, but this will actually happen).
4) Comments: (Chapter 16:4); (THE THIRD VIAL OF GOD’S WRATH). Now all the fresh waters, rivers and fountains of waters become blood. This is like the plague upon the Egyptians, where the waters and rivers were turned into blood. (Exodus 7:19-24). The blood of the saints and prophets has been shed by those who now are given blood to drink. Now thou are righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shall be. Now even the wicked Pharaoh said the Lord is righteous, and I and my people are wicked in (Exodus 9:27). David said, “The Lord is righteous in all his ways and holy in all his works” (Psalms 145:17). Jesus said; “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, which was and which is to come, the Almighty God.” (Revelation) 1:8)
5) (Read) (Chapter 16:5); And I heard the Angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. (KJV)
5) Explanation: (Chapter 16:5); And I heard the Angel of the waters say. (Now in the Book of Revelation, we find that a great variety of Ministries are assigned to Angels; but this Angel is the “Angel of the waters”). Thou art righteous, O Lord. (Now this proclaims the fact that whatever the Lord is doing is Righteous; in fact, everything that our Lord Jesus Christ does is Righteous)! Which art, and wast, and shalt be. (Now this refers to the fact that God does not change). Because the Lord thou hast judged thus. (Now this proclaims the fact that our God would be unrighteous if He did not Judge accordingly).
5) Comments: (Chapter 16:5); now John said that he heard the Angel of the waters say; thou art righteous, O Lord, which are and was and shall be, because thou has judged thus. Now for they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. And I heard another out of the altar say, even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments (Revelation 16:4-7).
5) Extra-Comments: The Angel of the waters. Here the rabbins attribute Angels, not only to the four elements so called, but to almost everything besides. We have already seen the Angel of the bottomless pit, and the angel of the fire. The Angel of the earth is spoken of in Yalcut Rubeni, and is called Admael. They have also an Angel that presides over the grass; and another that presides over the cattle which feed upon the grass. They say that God employed the Angel of the sea to swallow up the waters at the creation that the dry land might appear. The Angel disobeyed, and God slew him; the name of the Angel of the sea is Rahab. Now it is plain from several places that the writer of the Apocalypse keeps these notions distinctly in view.
6) (Read) (Chapter 16:6); for they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. (KJV)
6) Explanation: (Chapter 16:6); For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets. (Now this refers to those who will be murdered by the Antichrist during the time of the Great Tribulation because of their allegiance to the Lord Jesus Christ). And thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. (Now this proclaims the fact that the beast worshipers are getting their just rewards).
6) Comments: (Chapter 16:6); now the Angel acclaimed God for His justice in dealing with those who had killed the martyrs. God’s wrath may be hard for us to accept. Now in a moral universe, however, our God must oppose and destroy evil. Now those who join the revolt against God will suffer with the Antichrist. Now the third vial turns all fresh waters to blood, so that no pure water for drinking is left on earth. Now this again parallels with the first Egyptian plague, but also with the third trumpet (Revelation 8:10-11). Now it is righteous for our God to judge the earth and thus it is shown by the fact that the Beast and his followers have shed the blood of the saints and prophets. Now those who shed the blood of God’s people must now drink blood (Isaiah 49:26).
7) (Read) (Chapter 16:7); and I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments. (KJV)
7) Explanation: (Chapter 16:7); And I heard another out of the altar say. (Now this should have been translated, “and I heard another Angel out of the Altar say,” this referring to those who have been murdered by the Antichrist and are asking for vengeance. (Revelation 6:9-11), Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments. (Now this proclaims the fact that the prayers of those at the Altar who cry for vengeance are about to be answered).
7) Comments: (Chapter 16:7); now the significance of the altar itself will be responding to that everyone and everything will be praising God and acknowledging His righteousness and perfect justice. Now this third vial judgment is among other things, it is an answer to the cry of the martyrs under the altar at the beginning of the Tribulation. Now their prayer at that time was, “How long, O Lord, Holy and true, does thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?” (Revelation 6:10).
IV) (The Fourth Bowl of God’s Wrath) (The Men are scorched) (Revelation 16:8-9)
8) (Read) (Chapter 16:8); And the fourth Angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. (KJV)
8) Explanation: (Chapter 16:8); And the fourth Angel poured out his vial upon the sun. (Now this refers to that which is totally beyond the scope of man). And power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. (This adds to the “boils,” and the problem of the water shortage). Now at this time the sun will pour out more heat on the Earth than ever before. Now it seems that this plague will also be confined to the generalized area of the Antichrist. Now if that is the case, our Lord Jesus Christ will have to stop the heat from affecting other parts of the world).
8) Comments: (Chapter 16:8); (THE FOURTH VIAL OF GOD’S WRATH) now under the fourth trumpet a third of the sun was smitten that it did not shine. But this judgment is that it increases and scorches-men with fire. This is spoken of in (Malachi 4:1-2), where they shall burn as an oven before the Sun of Righteousness shall come.
9) (Read) (Chapter 16:9); and men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. (KJV)
9) Explanation: (Chapter 16:9); And men were scorched with great heat. (Now men were scorched with great heat as the next verse states, and this is done only in the geographical area of the Antichrist). And blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues. (Now here, those in the geographical area of the Antichrist will know that God is doing this, but yet they will continue to blaspheme God’s Name).
And they repented not to give him glory. (Now this tells us something about the hearts of men. Now it is seldom that miracles bring men to Repentance. But Repentance must come from the heart and stem from Faith, which must always have Jesus Christ and the Cross as its Object).
9) Comments: (Chapter 16:9); Now the fourth Angel’s bowl results in an increase of heat produced by the sun. Now men will know this is our God acting in judgment, but instead of repenting, as it is Gods desire, they will become angry and curse Him. Now we know that the people realize that these judgments are coming from God because they still cursed Him for sending them. But they still refuse to recognize God’s authority and repent of their sins. We as Christians should not be surprised at the hostility and hardness of the heart of unbelievers. Now even when the power of God; is fully and completely revealed. Many will still refuse to repent. Now don’t wait until “just the right time” before turning to God. Why don’t you do it now while you still have the chance? Now if you continually ignore God’s warnings, you will eventually be unable to hear Him at all.
V) (The Fifth Bowl of God’s Wrath) (The Darkness and Pain) (Revelation 16:10-11)
10) (Read) (Chapter 16:10); And the fifth Angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, (KJV)
10) Explanation: (Chapter 16:10); And the fifth Angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast. (Now this specifies that its coverage area is “the seat of the beast”; and the core of this could refer to Jerusalem, which is now the religious headquarters of the Antichrist). And his kingdom was full of darkness. (Now these plagues are possible to Faith, but though not to reason). And they gnawed their tongues for pain. (They gnawed their tongues for pain refers to the “boils” that was described in verse two).
10) Comments: (Chapter 16:10); (THE FIFTH VIAL OF GOD’S WRATH). And the fifth Angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain. Now this plague of darkness is like the plague of darkness over Egypt which was the ninth plague in (Exodus 10:21-23). The prophet Joel said, it was a day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness in (Joel 2:1-2). Jesus said the sun shall be darken in (Matthew 24:29); (Mark 13: 24); (Luke 21:25), and then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
11) (Read) (Chapter 16:11); and blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds. (KJV)
11) Explanation: (Chapter 16:11); And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores. (Now they blamed God for their situation and even though God plainly told them not to take the mark of the beast in (Revelation 14:10). And repented not of their deeds. (Now this presents the fact that the heart of man is so incurably corrupt that even the fiercest Judgments fail to affect its attitude, the spirit, or its conduct).
11) Comments: (Chapter 16:11); And the fifth Angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain. And they blasphemed the God of Heaven because of their pains and their sores, and they repented not of their deeds (Revelation 16:10-11); (Isaiah 60:2); (Joel 2:1-2); (Nahum 1:6-8); (Amos 5:18); (Zephaniah 1:15). Now this plague was poured out upon “the seat of the beast” (literally his “throne”), will apparently concentrate itself upon the “ten nations” of the revived “Roman Empire”. Now here again we read those tragic words “and they repented not of their deeds.”
VI) (The Sixth Bowl of God’s Wrath) (The Euphrates River is dried up) (Revelation 16:12-16)
12) (Read) (Chapter 16:12); And the sixth Angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. (KJV)
12) Explanation: (Chapter 16:12); And the sixth Angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up. (Now this drying up of the Euphrates River refers to the preparations of the coming Battle of Armageddon). So that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. (Now this actually says in the Greek, “the kings of the sun-rising”; and this will include the armies of China and Japan, plus many others which will join the Antichrist in the coming Battle of Armageddon).
12) Comments: (Chapter 16:12); (THE SIXTH VIAL OF GOD’S WRATH). “It was on the Euphrates River, that civilization began, and it will be here that civilization will end”. Its birthplace was here, and its grave will be here. The Euphrates is the dividing line of what we call the “East”, and the “West”. According to (Genesis 15:18), the Euphrates River forms the eastern border of the land promised to Abraham and his descendants. The Euphrates River is 1800 mi1es long, three to twelve hundred yards wide, and from ten to thirty feet deep.
This drying up of the Euphrates River was prophesied in (Isaiah 11:15-16). “And the Lord shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian Sea (Red Sea); and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river (Euphrates), and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dry-shod. And there shall be a highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like it was to Israel in the day that he came out of the land of Egypt.”Now the Turkish people have built a dam on the Euphrates River in the year of 1980. Now by closing the gates here could be a possibility on how the Euphrates River will be dried up so the armies can cross over on dry land.
13) (Read) (Chapter 16:13); and I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. (KJV)
13) Explanation: (Chapter 16:13); And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs. (While the Apostle John saw these demon spirits in his vision, they will be invisible to all others. Now these invisible creatures are functioning at the present time on Earth, and even as they have since the fall, and there is only one power that affects them, and that is the Name of Jesus Christ in (Mark 16:17). They come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. (This concerns the fact that this ungodly trio connives to secure the help of other nations regarding the coming Battle of Armageddon).
13) Comments: (Chapter 16:13); (THREE UNCLEAN SPIRITS LIKE FROGS). Now we see the trinity of Satan here: 1) Satan the Dragon, 2) Satan the Beast (Anti-Christ), and 3) Satan the False Prophet. These unclean spirits are called “spirits of devils” in (Acts 5:16); (Acts 8:7). Paul said in (I Timothy 4:1); “Now the Spirit speaketh expressingly; of this in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.” These unclean spirits were like frogs, Remember the third plague upon Egypt and Pharaoh was frogs? (Exodus 8:1-5) Remember the frog was one of Egypt’s gods, so God cursed them with their god. Their gods here are the “Kings of the Earth”; so God is going to destroy the kings. These unclean spirits are working miracles (yes, Satan does work miracles), and brings the kings together against Israel and against her God.
14) (Read) (Chapter 16:14); for they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. (KJV)
14) Explanation: (Chapter 16:14); For they are the spirits of devils. (Now this refers to a flood of demon spirits working in conjunction with the three unclean spirits, working miracles. (Now this will probably be done through the false prophet and others that proclaims the fact that all miracles are not necessarily from the Almighty God). Which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty? (Now there are nations that the Antichrist does not control, and whose help will he seek. But while he thinks all of this is his plan, “God Almighty” is actually in control of all events. Now the Antichrist thinks that he will destroy Israel, but our God will destroy him).
14) Comments: (Chapter 16:14); This battle of Armageddon will stretch from Megiddo on the North (Zechariah 12:11); (Revelation 16:16) to Edom on the South (Isaiah 34:5-6); (Isaiah 63:1). This a distance of sixteen hundred furlongs (200 miles). Now it will reach from the Mediterranean Sea on the West to the hills of Moab on the East, a distance of 100 miles. It will include the Valley of Jehoshaphat (Joel 3:2,12), and the plains of Esdraelon. Now at the center of the entire area will be Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:1-2).
15) (Read) (Chapter 16:15); Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walks naked, and they see his shame. (KJV)
15) Explanation: (Chapter 16:15); Behold, I come as a thief. (This refers to the fact that the Antichrist has been so successful with his propaganda that there are very few in the world of that time will actually be expecting Jesus Christ to return.) Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments. (Now this points to those on Earth who worship and serve the Lamb, and they that must be constantly vigilant lest their loyalty to Him and be diverted through Satanic deception). (Matthew 24:43); (I Thessalonians 5:2-4); lest he walks naked, and they see his shame. (Now this refers to being naked to the Judgment of God, and suffering the consequences at the Second Coming, or even before that event).
15) Comments: (Chapter 16:15); now Jesus tells us that He will come as a thief in the night and no one knows the hour or time. Blessed is he that watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walks naked, and they see his shame. Now the word blessed is the last of the seven beatitudes in Revelation. (Read) (Revelation 14:13) This beatitude is speaking of those justified by Faith and who express that Faith in obedience. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
15) Extra-Comments: Our Lord Jesus Christ said: “Behold, I come as a thief.” Here is a sudden but timely warning to put every man on his guard. When this sudden and generally unexpected tribulation should take place. Now “Keepeth his garments”, “lest he walk naked”: Here is a plain allusion to the office of him who was called the prefect or overseer, of the mountain of the temple.
His custom was to go his rounds during the watches of the night. And if he found any of the Levites sleeping on his watch, he had authority to beat him with a stick, and burn his vestments. Such a person being found on his return home naked, it was at once known that he had been found asleep at his post, had been beaten, and his clothes burnt; thus his shame was seen and he was reproached for his infidelity and irreligion.
16) (Read) (Chapter 16:16); and he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. (KJV)
16) Explanation: (Chapter 16:16); And He gathered them together. (Now the pronoun “He” refers to our God). They were into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. (Now this refers to a literal place where this Battle will be fought. Now this place is the Mount of Megiddo overlooking the plain of Megiddo west of the Mount, and that includes the whole Valley of Megiddo).
16) Comments: (Chapter 16:16); (HE GATHERED THEM TOGETHER INTO A PLACE CALLED ARMAGEDDON): Not only are the unclean spirits bringing the kings of the earth together, but God is gathering them together. Now in (Isaiah 34:2), says; “the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations; and his fury upon all their armies; he hath utterly destroyed them, He (God) hath delivered them. (Joel 3:2) says; “I (God) will also gather all nations, and will bring them, down into the valley of Jehoshaphat.” Now; (Zechariah 14:2) says “I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle.” (Zephaniah 3:8) says “For my determination is to gather the nations that I may assemble kingdoms, to pour out my indignation.” The word Armageddon comes from the Hebrew Megiddo. Now Megiddo was in the Plain of Esdraelon. “This has been a chosen place for encampment in every contest carried on in Palestine from the days of Nebuchadonezzar king of Assyria, unto the disastrous march of Napoleon Buonaparte from Egypt into Syria. Now the Jews, Gentiles, Saracens, Christian Crusaders, and anti-Christian Frenchmen, Egyptians, Persians, Druses, Turks, and Arabs; warriors of every nation that is under heaven, have met here for battle.
VII) In according to church history, a number of battles have taken place in this area and on this same battle field and below they are listed.
A) It was here that “Deborah and Barak” defeated the Canaanites. (Judges 4 and 5)
B) It was here that “Gideon” defeated the Midianites. (Judges 7)
C) It was here that the “Philistines” defeated and killed Saul.
(I Samuel 31)
D) It was here that “David defeated Goliath”. (I Samuel 17)
E) It was here that an “Egyptian king killed Josiah”. (II Kings 23)
VII) (The Seven Bowl of God’s Wrath) (The Earth is utterly shaken) (Revelation 16:17-21)
17) (Read) (Chapter 16:17); And the seventh Angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. (KJV)
17) Explanation: (Chapter 16:17); And the seventh Angel poured out his vial into the air. (Now this is the last Judgment; and is signifies an earthquake such as the world has ever known, which will affect not only particular cities, but also the entire nations). And there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying. “It is done”. (Now the mighty voice that shouted “IT IS FINISHED” from the Cross will now shout “IT IS FINISHED” from His Throne).
17) Comments: (Chapter 16:17); (THE SEVENTH VIAL OF GOD’S WRATH). This last judgment is a great earthquake that shakes the whole earth. Now this ends the seal, and the trumpet, and the vial judgments. The phrase “It is done” in verse seventeen, is the second of three Biblical occurrences connected with some great event:
VIII) Now the first event was at Calvary and the last will be at the threshold of all Eternity. Now listed below are the three biblical sayings of “our Lord Jesus Christ” and the only real Savior of the whole world.
1) When “Jesus” therefore received the vinegar, He said; “It is finished.” And He bowed His head and gave up the ghost. (John 19:30)
2) When the seventh Angel poured out his vial in the air; and the great voice from the throne said, “It is done”. (Revelation 16:17)
3) And He said unto me; “It is done“, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.” I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. (Revelation 21:6)
18) (Read) (Chapter 16:18); And there were voices, and thunders, and lightning’s; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. (KJV)
18) Explanation: (Chapter 16:18); And there were voices, and thunders, and lightning’s. (Now the Divine purpose in Grace was finished at the Cross; here the Divine purpose in wrath is finished; now this Vial Judgment could take place simultaneously with the Second Coming). And there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. (Now this mighty earth-quake is the last cataclysmic upheaval of the Vials).
18) Comments: (Chapter 16:18); Now the seventh Angel’s bowl of judgment will bring the most violent earthquake in the history of the world. Now this will be the world’s greatest earthquake that takes place and all mankind will experience this terrible event. Now the intensity of an earthquake is measured on an instrument called a “Richter Scale”. They say that the greatest magnitude of an earthquake that was ever been recorded so for was about 8.9 on this Richter scale. Now the greatest loss of human life was due to an earthquake that happened on January 23, in the year of 1556. And this earthquake was in Shensi Province, China, and it killed about 830,000 people. Now we know that this earthquake will be but a mild tremor compared to the one that will happened in the Great Tribulation Period. Now we are told that this earthquake will level all the great cities of the world. Now it will level all the mountains and all of the islands of this world. This earthquake will flatten the entire surface of the earth, and it will make ready for the “Millennial Kingdom to come”, because “our God has said so in His Word.”
19) (Read) (Chapter 16:19); and the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the Nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. (KJV)
19) Explanation: (Chapter 16:19); And the great city was divided into three parts, (this refers to Jerusalem), and the cities of the Nations fell. (Now this refers to the Middle East, and possibly some parts of Europe as well). And great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. (Now this earthquake, the greatest of them all, will center on Babylon and will completely destroy the city that is scheduled to be rebuilt at this present time. Now the first organized rebellion against God will began at Babylon, and it will end at Babylon. (Genesis 11:1-9)
19) Comments: (Chapter 16:19); Now that Great City was divided into three parts, and the cities of the Nations fell. And great Babylon came in remembrance before God and to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath. (Read) (Revelation 14:8); (Revelation 18:2-5); (Revelation 18:10-24); (Revelation 17:5): Now Babylon may refer to the rebuilt ancient city, or it may be a symbolic name for Rome. (Revelation 17:9) Now it may also be a way of referring to any proud human society that attempts to exist apart from God. Now Babylon’s rebellion against God goes back to the Tower of Babel in (Genesis 11:1-9) and the Babylonian Empire under King Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 4:30).
20) (Read) (Chapter 16:20); And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. (KJV)
20) Explanation: (Chapter 16:20); And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. (Now this pertains to the colossal magnitude of this earthquake).This is the “Power of our All Mighty God.”
20) Comments: (Chapter 16:20); Now every island fled away, and the mountains were not found because all the cities and mountains were leveled and flatten to the surface of the ground. And the Heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places by this great earthquake. (Revelation 6:14)
21) (Read) (Chapter 16:21); and there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great. (KJV)
21) Explanation: (Chapter 16:21); And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent. (Now this great hail will be about one-hundred pounds). Now one can only imagine the damage that such a weight would cause). And men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great. (Now once again, I say to those in the kingdom of the beast will know that this plague is from God, but instead of repenting, they will continue to blaspheme Him).
21) Comments: (Chapter 16:21); Now the world’s greatest shower of hailstones comes crashing down on all mankind. Now these gigantic icy chunks will weigh up to 100 pounds apiece! And this hail fell upon all men and it came from Heaven. And every stone was about the weight of a talent which is about (60 to 100 pounds each). Now in the Book of (Ezekiel 38:22); it says, and I will enter into judgment against him with “pestilence and with blood”; and I will rain upon him, and upon his (hordes), “meaning bands”, and upon the many people that are with him,
and the overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. (Read) (Revelation 8:7); (Exodus 9:13-35); (Revelation 11:19)
Now as we come to the end of this chapter sixteen in the book of Revelations, I would like to ask you a question about the condition of “your Soul”. If you were to die before this day comes to an end. “Where would your Soul spend eternity at? Now this is probably the most important question in your life. Would you like to ask Jesus to save you now? If so just keep on reading and the next few verses will tell you how to be saved.
Now all you have to do is just sincerely pray a simple prayer like this one here. “Please God, I confess to you my sins and need Jesus in my life right now. I will turn away from my sins and place my Faith in your Son Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Amen.”
Note: My prayers for you is that this bible study of the Scriptures will help you understand God’s Word a little better. Please feel free to pass this bible study on to others. May God always bless you is my prayer.
Your, Brother in Christ