I) The King’s Proclamation to All Nations. “The Great Tribulation”
(Daniel: Chapter 12): (534 B.C.)
1) Read: (Daniel 12:1); And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. KJV
1) Explanation: (Daniel 12:1); in verse one; “Michael” is the great “Archangel”; he is also referred to as “The Great Prince.” He is the Lord Protector of Israel, “which stands for the children of your people.” Now if not for him, Israel would no doubt be annihilated at this time. Also there appeared a great wonder in heaven. (This should have been translated, “a great sign in Heaven)”. A woman clothed with the sun, here this speaks of a “National Israel” with the “Sun” being a symbol of her Glory). And the moon was under her feet. (This speaks of dominion, and the mention of her feet). And upon her head a crown of twelve stars. (Now this speaks of dominion regained and Israel restored again).
1) Comments: (Daniel 12:1); in verse one; there will be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time,” now this is the same thing Jesus would say, and concerns the last three and a half years of the Great Tribulation (Matthew 24:21).
A) “And at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone who shall be found written in the Book,” this refers to the translation of the 144,000 Jews at approximately the middle of the Great Tribulation). (This is the “man child” of (Revelation 12:5).
B) (Exactly how these 144,000 Jews will find Christ as their Savior, especially during the first half of the Great Tribulation when Israel in fact will think the Antichrist is the Messiah, is unknown at present; however if the Bible says it will happen which it definitely does, then it will happen).
C) There is no mention here of the Church except possibly in verse three. The reason is simple: these Prophecies have to do with “your people” (Daniel 10:14).
D) The “Book” spoken of here is the “Book of Life”, which is the last book in the bible that has all the born again believers which are recorded in it that has been saved by the shed blood of our Lord Jesus Christ on that old rugged Cross on Mount Calvary; (Revelation 22:18-19).
II) “The Resurrection”
2) Read: (Daniel 12:2); and many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. KJV
2) Explanation: (Daniel 12:2); in verse two; and many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake: some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt and abhorrence. In (Chapter 12:2); John tells us that she being with child cried. (Now this pertains to the 144,000 Jews who will be saved in the first half of the Great Tribulation). In (Revelation chapter 7), travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. Now this concerns the spiritual pregnancy, with the agonies of childbirth and this typifying in the physical of what will take place in the Spiritual. (Please Read): (Isaiah 66:7-8);
2) Comments: (Daniel 12:2); in verse two; there are two Resurrections pointed to in this verse. These are separated by a long period of a thousand years in (Revelation 20:3); (Revelation 20:5-6); and (John 5:28). Those who will be resurrected to “Everlasting Life”, this speaks of the First Resurrection, which pertains to every Believer who has ever lived from the time of Abel forward. This is when the Church, that is us Christians speak of, which will be Raptured in (I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
A) We must remember that also in (Chapter 12:2); the woman represents Israel and her child is Jesus Christ, the Messiah which is spoken of in (Isaiah 7:14); (Revelation 12:5); (Isaiah 66:7-8); (Micah 5:2); (Romans 9:4-5), Now the woman is not the church, since the church did not bring forth Jesus Christ, but rather Jesus brought forth the church. Now her identification as the persecuted Jewish Saints clearly proves that the church is not on Earth during the Tribulation period. The birth pains refer to the period before the birth of Jesus Christ and when Israel was waiting for redemption by the Messiah to come in (Romans 8:22-23).
B) Now the “Second Resurrection”, which is the Resurrection of the Damnation; that will take place at approximately a thousand years after the “First Resurrection”; and this is actually at the end of the Millennium. This will include all of the wicked ones who have died from the very beginning. This will be the time of the “Great White Throne Judgment” which takes place in the book of (Revelation 20:4-6); and (Revelation 20:11-15).
III) “Rewards for the Righteous”
3) Read: (Daniel 12:3); and they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. KJV
3) Explanation: (Daniel 12:3); in verse three; And the teachers and those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness to uprightness and right standing with God (shall give forth light) like the stars forever and ever. Also in (Chapter 12:3); there appeared another wonder in heaven. (Now this should have been translated, “another sign”. And behold there was a great red dragon. (Now this denotes Satan and his murderous purpose, this is typified by the color of “red”. Now the Dragon had seven heads. (Now this refers to the Empires that persecuted Israel, even until John’s day; and those Empires were Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome. (Now these “ten horns” represents the ten nations that will be ruled by the Antichrist in the last days, and will greatly persecute the people of Israel. (Now the seventh head is those “ten horns”). (Now the prophet Daniel tells us that these “ten horns” represent the ten nations that will be in the “Old Roman Empire territory”, which refers to the Middle East and parts of Europe). (Read): (Daniel 7:7); and these were seven crowns upon his heads. (Now this represents the fact that Satan controlled these particular Kingdoms or nations).
3) Comments: (Daniel 12:3); in verse three; (The “wise” are they who live for God and everything that they can take the Gospel to others). Now in (Revelation 12:9), the Dragon is identified as Satan. Here the Dragon has a color of red which shows his murderous character. (Read): (John 8:44); Now his seven-heads and his seven-crowns show the completeness of his power and his influence over people. His ten-horns show Satan’s connection with the fourth beast of (Daniel 7:3), and with the beast from the sea in chapter thirteen of Revelation. Now His “Seven Heads” and “Ten Horns” and “Seven Crowns”, associate him with the “Beast out of the sea” in (Revelation 13:1).
IV) “Sealing the Prophecies for Future Fulfillment”
4) Read: (Daniel 12:4); but thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. KJV
4) Explanation: (Daniel 12:4); in verse four; Daniel tells that many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase. Some interpret this verse to mean that travel and intellectual knowledge will be immeasurably increased among mankind during the latter days. Others suggest that this verse refers to an increase in the study of prophecy, signified by eyes running “to and fro” or racing through the prophetic Scriptures, therefore increasing overall knowledge of prophetic events. But in a sense, both interpretations are representative of the approach of the “Last Days” as the stage is set for the Rapture, the Tribulation, which will be the glorious appearance of Jesus Christ, and the Millennial Kingdom.
4) Comments: (Daniel 12:4); in verse four; “But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the Book?” this means that Daniel has been given the entire blueprint concerning the fate of Israel, and nothing else is to be said). (The phrase, “Even to the time of the end,” has reference to the fact that the Prophecies recently given by Daniel have reference to the End Time).
4) Extra-Comments: (Daniel 12:4); in verse four; “Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased,” and this refers to the tremendous increase in technology which made its great debut at the beginning of the Twentieth Century. Now this also refers to knowledge of the Word of God being greatly increased in these last days, especially knowledge concerning Bible Prophecy. But you, O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the Book until the time of the end. Then many shall run to and fro and search anxiously (through the Book), and knowledge of God’s purposes as revealed by His prophets shall be increased and become great.
5) Read: (Daniel 12:5); Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river. KJV
5) Explanation: (Daniel 12:5); in verse five; then I, Daniel, looked, and behold, there stood two others, the one on the brink of the river on this side and the other on the brink of the river on that side.
5) Comments: (Daniel 12:5); in verse five; Daniel is speaking of the River “Hiddekel” this is the Tigris River, which is close to the Euphrates. The “other two” is spoken of here and it probably refers to Angels, with no identification given.
6) Read: (Daniel 12:6); and one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? KJV
6) Explanation: (Daniel 12:6); in verse six; and one said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river. How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
6) Comments: (Daniel 12:6); in verse six; (“The Man clothed in linen” here there is no doubt that this refers to the same One described in (Daniel 10:5-6). (He is Jesus Christ). The phrase; “Who was upon the waters of the river”. This actually says, who was above the waters of the river”, which “means that Christ”, seemingly, was suspended in mid-air, immediately above the river).
7) Read: (Daniel 12:7); and I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth forever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. KJV
7) Explanation: (Daniel 12:7); in verse seven; and I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, when he held up his right and his left hand toward the heavens and swore by Him Who lives forever that it shall be for a time, times, and a half a time (or three and one-half years); and when they have made an end of shattering and crushing the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
7) Comments: (Daniel 12:7); in verse seven; the “swearing” of this, “Man” proves Him to be a Divine Person, for not one time in Scripture does an ordinary Angel make an oath to God or man. That it shall be for a time, times and an half,” this refers to three a half years. This is the last half of the “Great Tribulation”, when tremendous persecution be brought to bear upon Israel by the Antichrist. Therefore the Lord Himself gives time that these things will happen. And when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the “Holy People”, this refers to the Antichrist attempting to destroy Israel, but in fact he only scattering them.
8) Read: (Daniel 12:8); and I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? KJV
8) Explanation: (Daniel 12:8); in verse eight; Here Daniel did not understand precisely how these events would happen. But Daniel was told that the words would not be fully recognized until their fulfillment at the end of days. Also at that time, the wicked will fail to comprehend their situation, but the wise shall understand the fulfillment of Daniel’s words and turn in faith to the God of Israel and His Messiah Jesus.
8) Comments: (Daniel 12:8); in verse eight; And I heard, but I did not understand. Then I said, O my lord, what shall be the issue and final end of these things? Here Daniel said; I don’t understand; but sometimes the best men are often much at a loss in their own inquires, concerning divine things, and meet with that which they do not understand. But the better they are the more sensible they are of their own weakness and ignorance, and the more ready to acknowledge them. When we take a view of the affairs of this world, and of the church of our God in it, we cannot but think, “What will be the end of these things? We see things move as if they would end in the utter ruin of God’s Kingdom among men. Now when we observe the prevalence of vice and impiety, the decay of religion, and the sufferings of the righteous, and the triumphs of the ungodly over them, we may well ask, O my Lord! What will be the end of these things? But this may satisfy us in general, that all will end well at last. Great is the truth, and will prevail at the long run. And all opposing rule, principality, and power will be put down, and holiness and love will triumph and be in honor to eternity. We as believers in Jesus Christ, our Savior, just remember that our Lord Jesus cannot lie because He is right and never wrong, but He is the only way, and He is the truth, and He is the life. Just remember that the end is almost here, and we have very little time to tell our love ones and our friends and neighbors about our savior Jesus. Remember Jesus is the only one that cares about you and loves you.
He is the only one that can save you, but you must call upon His name and confess your sins to Him and Jesus will save you and write your name in the Book of Life. Just remember our Lord Jesus and savior promised that this end will come, so don’t wait, ask Him to save you right now and He will save you.
9) Read: (Daniel 12:9); and he said, go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. KJV
9) Explanation: (Daniel 12:9); in verse nine; here Daniel was told for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. But Daniel did not understand precisely how these events would happen. Now he was told that the words would not be fully recognized until their fulfillment of Daniel’s words and turn in faith to the God of Israel and His Messiah Jesus.
9) Comments: (Daniel 12:9); in verse nine; this verse declares that these Prophecies belong to the future. However, “the time of the end” is now very close. The word “end” does not mean the end of the world, but instead of these things the Prophecies concerning Israel and the last days.
10) Read: (Daniel 12:10); many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand. KJV
10) Explanation: (Daniel 12:10); in verse ten; many shall purify themselves and make themselves white and be tried, smelted, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly. And none of the wicked shall understand, but the teachers and those who are wise shall understand.
10) Comments: (Daniel 12:10); in verse ten many shall be purified and made white, and tried, this could refer to the Church, but could also refer to the 144,000 Jews who will come to Jesus Christ during the first half of the Great Tribulation. None of the wicked shall understand, and this refers to the world not at all understanding the vision or even care about it. But here the wise shall understand,” and this refers to the few who truly know the Lord Jesus Christ and who avidly search the Scriptures, thus believing them to be the very Word of God.
11) Read: (Daniel 12:11); and from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. KJV
11) Explanation: (Daniel 12:11); in verse eleven; here we can read about the curse and the oath. Also the Covenant documents were typically contained statements concerning the penalties for covenant violation in (Leviticus 26:3-45); and (Deuteronomy 27-28). Here we read about the most feared and devastating curse of all had come to pass when the people were deported from the land. (Daniel 12:11); Here a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Here in this scripture there are various interpretations have been suggested. But one significant interpretation is that these days refer to the time following a point halfway through a seven-year period of tribulation prior to the coming of Jesus Christ. (Daniel 9:27);
11) Comments: (Daniel 12:11); in verse eleven; and from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, (at the midpoint of the Great Tribulation), and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. And from the time that the continual burnt offering is taken away and the abomination that makes desolate is set up, there shall be 1,290 days.
12) Read: (Daniel 12:12); Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. KJV
12) Explanation: (Daniel 12:12); in verse twelve; blessed, happy, fortunate, spiritually prosperous, and to be envied is he who waits expectantly and earnestly who endures without wavering beyond the period of tribulation and comes to the 1,335 days!
12) Comments: (Daniel 12:12); in verse twelve; this is forty-five days more than the number of days given in verse eleven, and seventy-five more days than in verse seven. Now you might ask the question here. Why the extra forty-five days over verse eleven? First, we know that those who come to this time will be “Blessed”. Now this has to do with the beginning of the Kingdom Age and the events that are carried out to establish the beginning of the Kingdom.
13) Read: (Daniel 12:13); But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days. KJV
13) Explanation: (Daniel 12:13); in verse thirteen; (Now here Daniel said “but go thou your way till the end be,” this refers to Daniel dying and then being a part of the “First Resurrection of Life”). (Well until that time; and our Lord Jesus Christ said, “You shall rest,”). (Now the phrase here, “And stand in your lot at the end of the days,” this refers to Daniel having a part in the glorious things that will take place after the “Second Coming”.
13) Comments: (Daniel 12:13); in verse thirteen: The Prophet Daniel will live again in the resurrection, and this signing that all of the Old Testament saints will be resurrected at the conclusion of the Great Tribulation, which is at the end of the days. Yes, the Angel told Daniel that he was to continue till the end of his life, at which point he would rest, a euphemism for death. But also he was given the promise that he too would rise from the dead.
A) Remember; if you are not saved our God has the power to save anyone that calls upon the name of Jesus Christ and repents of their sins. Now all that are lost need God’s power because we have a problem with sin. The Bible tells us that “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” (Romans 3:23).
B) Now you can find the way to Heaven in the book of (Romans 10:9). This scripture in the bible tells us that “If you confess with your mouth, that “Jesus is Lord,” and that you believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”
C) We all need to confess our sins and ask God for his forgiveness. When you confess Jesus Christ as your Lord, then this involves an agreeing with God about your sin and your need for Salvation. You must repent of your own personal sins, by doing this you are willing to turn away from the direction in life in which you are going.
D) Now to “believe in your heart” is to place your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, also you are trusting that Jesus died on the Cross to pay for your sins. But our God proves His own love for us in that while we were sill sinners, Jesus Christ died for all of us. (Romans 5:8).
E) Remember, if you would like to have Salvation in our Lord Jesus Christ, you sincerely pray a prayer like this one; “Please God, I confess to you my sins and I need for you to save me right now. I turn away from my sins and I place my faith in Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord of my life forever. Amen.”
F) Before we close chapter 12 of the book of Daniel, I would just like to say, I believe that all the scriptures are very important to all of God’s people and every Christian should know and keep them in his heart. I believe that our Lord Jesus said these scriptures in the book of (Matthew 22:37-39). Then one of Pharisees ask Jesus a question and he called Him Master. Which is the great commandment in the Law? Then Jesus said unto him, “Thou shalt love the Lord, thy God, with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.” (Matthew 22:37); Now in verse 38, Jesus said, “This is the first and great commandment.” (Matthew 22:38); Here in verse 39, our Lord Jesus said, and the second is like it,
G) “Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” (Matthew 22:39); Also our Lord Jesus said, this in verse 40, “On these two commandment’s hang all the law and the prophets.” (Matthew 22:40); Remember we that are believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, and know Jesus as our own personal Savior. Also we should give Him praise and thank Him every day of our life. Why? Because Jesus shed His precious blood on that old rugged Cross so that we all could be free and have eternal life with Him in Heaven. But while we are waiting we must be telling everyone about God’s Salvation Plan. And that plan is called the “Gospel” or the “Good News,” this is the job of every born again believer that calls Jesus Christ their Lord and Savior.
H) Now in the book of Matthew, in chapter 28, these scriptures tells us that the disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them to go. (Matthew 28:16); and when they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted. (Matthew 28:17); and Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All authority is given unto me in Heaven and in earth. (Matthew 28:18); In verse 19; Jesus said, go ye, therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, which is Jesus, and of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19); Also in verse 20, Jesus said, teaching them to observe all things, whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world, (age). Amen. (Matthew 28:20);
I) Please, do not ever forget when you become a successful leader in your church, as a Christian, this will always linked to your character. You may fail over and over, but always remember that you will always find the grace in our Lord God to begin again. So don’t let your past sin and your failures define your character. Always go to God with your sins and repent of them. Then you must turn away from it, and accept God’s eternal gift of forgiveness, and get back to doing what our Lord God wants you to do. Always live in the forgiveness and Grace of God and start leading others to do the same. This means that we are to tell the Gospel or the Good News to everyone that we meet. Then if they respond and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior, then they can tell the Good News to another person and that way we know that we are doing our part by spreading the Gospel in this world.
J) Note: I believe that this great book of Daniel has finally been unsealed and revealed for those who have eyes to see. We should remember the time for our Lord Jesus Christ’s return is very near. Now if you are a born again believer in Jesus Christ, you can be assured that you will not have to endure in the pain and suffering of the Great Tribulation hour. But there is much to be said for those who continue to turn their backs on our Lord God, and for those who choose to live out their own agendas. We as Christians know that God’s Word tells us that “Now is the time of Salvation.” And we that are born again believers know that our Lord Jesus Christ is coming soon. Then we will be caught up to meet Jesus and all of those that died and knew the Lord as their Savior will also meet Him in the air. But after a period of time we shall all return with Him as He establishes His millennial Kingdom. Remember there are too many signs which are happened right before our eyes.
Now I believe that these signs are pointing to the time of the end. Just remember that that this great book of Daniel has finally been unsealed and revealed for all those who have eyes to see. I also believe that the time is just right for our Lord Jesus Christ’s to return for His Church, so I hope that your heart is alright with our Lord and Savior and you have repented to God for your sins.
K) Also I believe that God’s plan of Salvation has run its full course, and it will be evident then with even more clarity than at the present of God (Jehovah) has not allowed a word to fall to the ground. As Jesus Christ said while on earth. “Till Heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” (Matthew 5:18). And all that know the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior, said, come quickly, Lord Jesus. Maranatha!
L) Now this concludes our Bible Study about the Book of Daniel. Please be much in prayer for me as I try to teach other books of this great book of God’s Holy Word which is called the Bible. Now remember that everything on this web-site is free. Please pass them on to other people if they have helped you. And I do not believe in the sale of God’s Holy Word, to make a profit from something that has been paid for by the precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because our Lord Jesus gave His Life on that Old Rugged Cross for our sins because He Loved us so much, and He suffer and died for all of us. Now if that is not Love, then I don’t know what is. Thank you my Lord Jesus for everything and I Love more that this life has to offer me. P. S. I am looking forward to serving you as my Holy Savior and my King, when I get to that home that You make for us in Heaven. I promise to continue serving my Lord Jesus faithfully until You come for your Church. Soon I hope and I will love you with all my Heart and soul until then. Please come quickly, My Lord Jesus