1) This bible study I hope will help you understand this person that is commonly referred to as the Antichrist. Now the first thing that we should know about this Antichrist is that he is referred to by several names and titles throughout the bible. Now each of his names provides a glimpse into his diabolical character and his name.
- First he is called “A Beast” in (Revelation 13:1).
- Second he is called “Man of Sin” in (II Thessalonians 2:3).
- Third he is called “Abomination” in (Matthew 24:15).
- Fourth he is called “Little Horn” in (Daniel 7:8).
- Fifth he is called “Lawless One” in (II Thessalonians 2:8).
- Sixth he is called “Prince who is to come” in (Daniel 9:26).
- Seventh he is called the “Vile Person” in (Daniel 11:21).
- Eighth he is called the “King who does according to his own will” in (Daniel 11:36).
2) The bible portrays the Antichrist as the one coming world leader who will negotiate a new peace treaty with the country of Israel in the last days. The word “Antichrist” appears only in (I John 4:3), (II John 1:7) and (I John 2:16-22). Also the Apostle John indicates that the Antichrist of the apocalyptic era will come in the future. But John also adds that there are many “Antichrists” and false teachers that have already come. I tell you to be careful in what you read and also who you put your faith in. But I will tell you the truth and the truth will set you free and that you should always believe in the Word of God and “His name is Jesus Christ” the one and only Savior of the world because “Jesus was the only one that died on the cross for all of our sins”.
3) The “Antichrist” in (I John 2:18); is a man who will come into the scene at the beginning of the seven year Tribulation. Then this “Antichrist” will also gain world wide power for the last three and a half years of the Tribulation. We as Christians must remember that this “Antichrist” is only the imitator of our Lord Jesus Christ and this “Antichrist” also has many names throughout the bible.
4) Remember the “Antichrist” will not come on the world scene until our Lord Jesus takes His church, back to Heaven, which is the Saints and they will be caught-up, which is called the Rapture to be with our Lord Jesus forever and all eternity.
5) The Antichrist will be the most incredible human leader the world has ever known. He will be a human genius, power and a master of deception, empowered by the “father of lies” (Daniel 11:21). The Antichrist will be promising peace, but he pushes the world into war.
6) Below there are some facts that will identify the “Antichrist” when he comes to power. There is only one person in history that will fit every one of these facts. There have been many prototypes, of the “Antichrist”; but there will only be one Antichrist. (Please read the scriptures below.)
- He will rule the entire world. “And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.” (Revelation 13:7)
- His headquarters will be in Rome. “The beast, which you saw, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss; and the seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.” (Revelation 17:12-13)
- He will rule by deception. “He will become very strong, and will succeed in whatever he does. He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior.” (Daniel 8:24-25)
- He will rise to power in the Last Days. Now later in the time of the wrath; the time of the end and a stern faced king. He is also a master of intrigue and he will arise to power. (Daniel 8:19-23)
- He will be intelligent and persuasive. “The other Horn, looked more imposing than the others and he had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully.” (Daniel 7:20)
7) There are many other details given in the Bible regarding the Antichrist. Whether he is Jewish or Gentile is not entirely clear. What is clear, however, is that he will control the great bastion of Gentile world power and will extend his control over the entire world, promising to ensure world peace through a series of international treaties, agreements, and alliances. Despite his promises of world peace, he will inevitably plunge the world into the most catastrophic war of all time.
8) The “Beast” and his armies are defeated by the “King of Kings” and the “Lord of Lords” which is Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior at the battle of Armageddon. Well for those who would like to know just what happens to the “Beast” which is the “Antichrist” and with him is the false prophet too. For all of those who do not believe in Jesus Christ as the one and only true Son of God, the only savior of the world, remember Jesus has the power to save those that will still call upon His name and repent of their sins. Because God the Father gave Him this power to save the lost before their time runs out for that old Devil wants everyone to burn in Hell with him.
9) This is what happens to those “two great deceivers” which are the “Antichrist” and the “False Prophet” that deceive all men about God and sin during the Tribulation Period in the book of (Revelation 19:20-21). They were conquered by Jesus Christ, who did cast both of them “alive into the lake of fire”. They are the first to be cast into this lake of fire, which is really the eternal hell that God has “prepared for the Devil and his angels” in (Matthew 25:41). Now Satan was bound for 1000 years in the “Bottomless Pit” and shut him up, and set a seal on him. So that he should not deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished.
10) But after these things the Devil must be released for a little while. Satan will be let loose and he will gather his army of rebels one more time and surrounds the city of Jerusalem for one last battle with our Lord God. Then God will sends fire down from Heaven and devours Satan and all of his follows. Satan and his angels and the rest of all unbelievers will be cast into the lake of fire for ever and ever.
11) In the book of Revelations in chapter thirteen the Apostle John tells us all about the beast which is the Antichrist. (Revelation 13:1) And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. (Revelation 13:2) And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. (Revelation 13:3) And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death, and his deadly wound was healed, and all the world wondered after the beast. (Revelation 13:4) And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him? (Revelation 13:5) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. (Revelation 13:6) And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. (Revelation 13:7) And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. (Revelation 13:8) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Revelation 13:9) If any man have an ear, let him hear. (Revelation 13:10) He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. (Revelation 13:11) And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. (Revelation 13:12) And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. (Revelation 13:13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, (Revelation 13:14) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. (Revelation 13:15) And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. (Revelation 13:16) And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: (Revelation 13:17) And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (Revelation 13:18) Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. The Mark of the Beast is 666. My prayer for anyone that is left behind is please don’t take the mark of this beast or your soul will be eternally lost forever in a place called Hell.
12) Remember my Jesus is the only one that can save you from your sins. Also my Jesus is the only one that died and was “Resurrected” from the grave. Jesus is the only one that can make atonement for your sins because He is the savior of the world. He paid the price by shedding His precious blood for all mankind on the Cross.
13) Jesus did this so that we that were born into sin because of what that old deceiver the Devil did by tempting Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This was the temptation and the fall of mankind. Here you can read for yourself the fall and the Promise of Redemption in these verses of (Genesis 3:1-7).